Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him.
Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him, and make Our abode with him.
Jesus replied, “If anyone loves Me, he will obey My teaching. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
Jesus answered, If a person [really] loves Me, he will keep My word [obey My teaching] and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home (abode, special dwelling place) with him.
Answered Jesus and said to him, If anyone as a habit of life loves Me with a divine and self-sacrificial love, My word he will keep, and My Father will love him, and to him We shall come, and an abiding place with him We shall make for Ourselves.
And to this Jesus replied, “When a man loves Me, he follows My teaching. Then My Father will love him, and We will come to that man and make Our home within him.
Jesus answered him, “If anyone really loves Me, he will observe My teaching, and My Father will love him, and both of Us will come in face-to-face fellowship with him; yes, We will make Our special dwelling place with him.
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- The All Ins - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) “All in” is being written into and popularized in a number of songs today and it brings forward at least two powerful questions.
- The Angels’ Footpath: A Review - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Let the reader beware! This other-wise very well written piece of futuristic fiction, as gripping as its drama may be and as realistic as its scenarios may well prove to be, is a departure from “the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.”
- 4. The Christian Life in a United Church - Part 1; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard What would a unified ekklesia look like?
- Church Home - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Modern Christianity tells us we need a “church home.” What is a “church home”? Do we really need one?
- Come Out From Among Them - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Why, at the end of His explanation of the parable of the wheat and the tares, did Jesus say, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear”?
- Distinction Between the Person and the Presence of God; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis The counterfeit of God in and with the believer, is the basis on which is built the whole after structure of possession through deception.
- 2. The Ecumenical Awakening - Part 1; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard The ecumenical movement, particularly in some of its earlier moments, was built on noble aspirations and motives.
- 3. The Ecumenical Awakening - Part 2; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard If we can understand the reason the Reformers failed to enter into the unity of the Spirit of God, perhaps we can come to grips with why we, as Christ’s followers today, are still failing to enter into that unity.
- Exploding the Myth of Christ’s Delegated Authority - Neil Girrard Christ gave His authority to men to lead other believers into a closer walk with Him – didn’t He?
- Following the Lamb - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Following Christ is more than just obeying the commands of Christ.
- Friends of the King - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) When a king of a realm gives a command and it is disobeyed, the crime against the king is called treason and betrayal – and the penalty is almost certain to be death.
- God-Given Assets - Neil Girrard Seekers of financial freedom very often use other people for their own gain and then speak openly of their “God-given assets.”
- God the Judge of All - Neil Girrard The New Testament clearly says that God is to be the Judge of all men – so why does the “church” teach exemption from judgment for their attendees? And just what are the standards by which we shall all be judged?
- The Holy Trinity; The Knowledge of the Holy - A.W. Tozer An insightful discussion of the Trinity in Unity.
- How to Be a Local Ekklesia: or, Where the House “Church” Movement Failed - Neil Girrard The house “church” failed to attain to the three core elements of true ekklesia and has, for the most part, already devolved into yet another hardened wineskin.
- 7. The Illusion of Restorationism; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard In this chapter, Morrison exposes his personal bias against “restorationist groups.”
- In You; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer If any message feeds our self-life, then it is feeding our carnal nature, which is the antithesis of the character of Jesus.
- It Doesn’t Take a Genius - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) If it doesn’t take a genius to make the world a better place, what will it take?
- 9. Loyalty and Freedom in a United Church; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard Morrison was a man of depth - but he also demonstrated a spiritual schizophrenia.
- The Mother of Abominations - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) “Mystery Babylon” encompasses more than most people realize.
- The Orphan Spirit; Twisted Scriptures - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Those who refuse to submit themselves under a “spiritual father” are now accused of and condemned for having an “orphan spirit.” What’s the basis of that?
- Practicing a Lie - Neil Girrard Worshiping God in spirit and in truth is not an option.
- A Prayer for Owen Meany: A Review - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) This book may represent the most sophisticated and systematic exposure yet of the modern “church” put into a fictional novel or it may only be another indicator of just how deceptive the “church” can be. Either way, it opens up questions of depth one is not likely to encounter at “church”!
- Pressing Into the Kingdom - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The kingdom of God differs from the law and the prophets – why is that important?
- Religion - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Religion – as a word, as a concept and as a practice – cannot be rightly categorized apart from the adjectives and descriptive we attach to it.
- Saints or Sinners - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) What is an individual after a genuine conversion? Why does it matter?
- Same Old Story: Montanus vs. Ignatius of Antioch - Neil Girrard “Church” splits are almost as old as church history – and the first one reveals a lot of the errors we still practice today.
- Simplicity in Christ - Neil Girrard The simplicity that Christ calls us to walk in applies also, believe it or not, to how we are to assemble.
- Sitting at the Master’s Feet - Neil Girrard Mary’s choice to sit at Jesus’ feet gives us a picture of how what is most important in the genuine Christian life.
- 8. Surmounting Three Major Obstacles; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard Morrison again looks ahead to “a united church,” offering his ideas (compiled in the late 1940s) as to how to overcome what he saw as three major obstacles to “ecumenical unity.”
- A Tangled Web - Neil Girrard If knowing and doing the will of God is such a central part of following Christ, why do some claim that God’s purposes and will are unknowable?
- Think Like I Think - Neil Girrard I expect, insist and demand that you think like I do – just like the Bible says.
- Three Fatal Flaws of Sam Soleyn’s “Spiritual Oversight” Teaching - Neil Girrard His teachings suffers from many spiritually fatal flaws. Beware!
- Three Lies - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Three lies currently in vogue in various “Christian” circles, at first, seem to be unrelated to one another but in reality share very similar roots.
- Tolerance or Unity; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard The ruler of displacing Christ works extremely hard to get us to relate to one another by any means other than the Spirit of Christ.
- The True Workings of God, and Counterfeits of Satan; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis A valuable comparison of the true workings of God and Satan’s counterfeits.
- Vessels of Honor and Glory - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) For various reasons, men reject even the notion that man is, at his “bottom line,” only a clay pot.
- Where Did the Prophets Go? - A Review - Neil Girrard The author of this book asks a good question but his answers fall far short of the full counsel of God.
- The Wiles of the Adversary in the Spiritual Sphere Concerning Revelations, the Voice of the Lord, Guidance, and Liberty.; The Warfare With Satan and the Way of Victory - Jesse Penn-Lewis Let us see that we are now encased safely in the heavenly armour, under the protection of the Blood of the Lamb, as we take the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God, and unveil some of the wiles of the devil which he plans around some aspects of the life in the spiritual sphere.