Many people who are trapped within “churches” and/or other cultic/fringe religious groups have most often embraced some pseudo-Scriptural concept that is, in reality, some twisted, distorted misconception of what the Bible – when rendered in the whole counsel of God – has to say about the matter. The following short treatments of various verses attempts to show how the various deceptions which rely on that particular verse have failed to rightly divide the word of truth while explaining the verse in a more proper light.
All articles are formatted as simply as possible and should print directly from your web browser.
- Spiritual Fathers – 1 Corinthians 4:15; Twisted Scriptures - Neil Girrard From a very scant Scriptural base, a whole system of teaching has evolved that concocts a “one size fits all” false doctrine that results in tyranny, oppression, persecution, exclusion, favoritism and a host of other evils.
- Peter’s Two Fathers: Jonah and John – Matthew 16:17 The “spiritual fathering” movement, a regurgitation of the “personal pastor” errors, relies on “specially understood” concepts like this.
- Call No Man Father – Matthew 23:9 Christ’s clear command is not enough for the “spiritual fathering” movement.
- My Son, My Son The “spiritual fathering” teachers, from Paul and Peter calling Timothy, Titus, Onesimus and Mark their “sons,” have concocted a teaching that says that all men must have a “spiritual father” and any one who does not have one is an orphan who is destitute of any real place in the order and family of God. Is this the truth?
- Grace and Truth The devil holds no tenet of the faith as sacred and he will distort any and every doctrine of the gospel if it will gain him any advantage over even one single believer – even the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Established in the Truth – 2 Peter 1:12 Deceived adherents to the twisted doctrine of “grace” think they’re working to be established in the truth – instead they are only being established by the demonic in their error.
- Bring Out Your Guns! – Romans 13:1 The government has enlisted clergy to act as “clergy response teams” in times of emergency and martial law and their chief text in hand is Romans 13:1. Beware!
I’d love to hear comments and/or questions from you! Email me!
God bless you.