For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that (salvation) not of yourselves, it is the give of God;
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -
For it is by free grace (God’s unmerited favor) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ’s salvation) through [your] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [of your own doing, it came not through your own striving], but it is the gift of God;
For by the grace have you been saved in time past completely, through faith, with the result that your salvation persists through present time; and this [salvation] is not from you as a source; of God it is the gift,
For it is by grace that you are saved, through faith. This does not depend on anything you have achieved, it is the free gift of God;
For it is by His unmerited favor through faith that you have been saved; it is not by anything that you have done, it is the gift of God.
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- An Acceptable Truth - Neil Girrard Many people won’t accept what the Bible says because they often have “difficulty” believing that the translators “got it right” or that what is written in today’s Bible is truly what the original authors actually penned.
- Buy From Me - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus commanded the Laodiceans to buy something from Him. What was it and why is it important?
- Changes – It’s Better Together; Lifestyle of Light - Jim Nesbitt/Bob Hughey Ex Church of Christ people whose lives were changed when Bob stopped playing “church” and started living by the Spirit of God.
- 4. The Children of the Devil; The Sons of the Devil - Neil Girrard If we are to claim our heritage as the sons of God - and truly live that and not just make false claims - we must be led by the Spirit of God.
- Commentary on James - Neil Girrard Updated through Jas. 1:8
- The Do Nothing Gospel; - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some are teaching that any work whatsoever is “self-effort” so as to be saved or a return to law as a way to earn one’s salvation. But is this so?
- Faith Alone? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The entire “faith alone” concept is overly simplistic, unbalanced, skewed and distorted. What is the truth?
- Financial Scams; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard One of mammon’s more effective and therefore more dangerous deceptions has been to get people to think vicarious charity is the same thing as Christ’s agape love.
- First Fruits, Tithes and Offerings - Darryl Samuels - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A brother confronted with erroneous and false teachings about tithes and offerings, especially the “first fruits,” shares the results of his decision to research the Bible for himself.
- God’s Part and Man’s; Paths to Power - A.W. Tozer - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Written in the 1950s, this article answers an error that has grown enormously popular in our day and shows us, if we can see, just how long the devil and the demonic have been sowing the seeds of the now popular hyper-grace error.
- Grace and Pride – Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) There may have been no greater disservice to the truth about grace than to render “grace” (Greek, charis) as only “God’s unmerited favor.”
- In His Rest - Neil Girrard A Scriptural look at resting in God.
- It Doesn’t Take a Genius - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) If it doesn’t take a genius to make the world a better place, what will it take?
- Maturing in Christ: Advice to New - and Old - Believers - Neil Girrard The path to spiritual maturity is not just a walk up an aisle or even an overnight journey. There are many things we need to observe in our spiritual journey toward God to be certain we don’t get off the path that leads to life.
- The Mighty Antithesis: Sin and Grace - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A.W. Tozer encountered hyper-grace in the 1950s and demonstrated that any discussion of sin and grace is going to cover ground at least touched upon by the conflict between Pelagius and Augustine in the 5th century.
- A Most Comforting Doctrine - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) There are other factors to be considered beyond “once saved, always saved” and “eternal security” – what are they?
- The Narrow Road; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard If we would remain on the narrow road that leads to life, we must love our brothers in Christ.
- One Hundred and Seven Theses - Steve Camp Christianity today is increasingly dominated by the spirit of this age rather than the Spirit of Christ. We call ourselves to repent of this sin and to recover the historic Christian faith in the arts again.
- Our Duty - Neil Girrard A word study on strife and striving that reveals what God expects of us - contains some surprising answers!
- Our Heavenly Calling in Christ - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Our heavenly calling in Christ requires a balance of deeper and more accurate knowledge of exactly what God has done for and given to us accompanied by our diligent obedience and spiritually mature attentiveness to the responsibilities He has placed upon us.
- A Prayer for Owen Meany: A Review - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) This book may represent the most sophisticated and systematic exposure yet of the modern “church” put into a fictional novel or it may only be another indicator of just how deceptive the “church” can be. Either way, it opens up questions of depth one is not likely to encounter at “church”!
- Religion - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Religion – as a word, as a concept and as a practice – cannot be rightly categorized apart from the adjectives and descriptive we attach to it.
- The Rulers of the Darkness of This Age; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard To see how Jesus dealt with these lords of darkness, we must turn to John’s account of Jesus’ encounter with some Jews who asked Him who He was.
- Ruthless Goddess - Neil Girrard A look at the power of pornography.
- Saints or Sinners - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) What is an individual after a genuine conversion? Why does it matter?
- Spectrums: “Church” or Ekklesia - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any individual, whether the worst kind of evil villain or the best kind of saint or hero, is a combination of both good and bad characteristics – so why are led to believe that an assembly, which is made up of many individuals, must be either merely “good” or “bad” and not some mixture of both?
- Spiritual But Not Religious - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) SBNR is a popular label among “emergent” generations. What does this label really mean?