Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son:
He has delivered us from the power of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
For He delivered us from the domain (authority) of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son (or, the Son of His love),
For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves,
[The Father] has delivered and drawn us to Himself out of the control and the dominion of darkness and has transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
who delivered us out of the tyrannical rule of the darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
For He rescued us from the power of darkness, and re-established us in the kingdom of His beloved Son.
It is God who has delivered us out of the dominion of darkness and has transferred us into the kingdom of His dearly loved Son,
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- The Adversary’s Subjects on the Inhabited Earth. How He Retains His Kingdom and Control in the World of Men.; The Warfare With Satan and the Way of Victory - Jesse Penn-Lewis It is of the supremest importance to the Prince of this world that those who dwell in his realm should not know it is under his control, therefore he exerts all his ingenuity to keep them unconscious of their condition. To keep men ignorant of their position he blinds their minds!
- Basic Questions - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Two very basic questions that cast considerable doubt on much, if not nearly all, of modern religious Christianity.
- Buy From Me - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus commanded the Laodiceans to buy something from Him. What was it and why is it important?
- Common Usage - Neil Girrard Sometimes it benefits us to read a familiar passage in the Greek because we, without ever realizing it, have often experienced a subtle shift in meaning simply because the New Testament we read is in English.
- Counting Heads - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) One of the most obvious features of any particular “church” can be used to easily and immediately assess its character and quality and this requires no spiritual discernment whatsoever – so why isn’t this method used more often?
- Ekkaleo - Ekkletoi - Ekklesia - Neil Girrard Becoming the ekklesia is a process - not an automatic guarantee just because we claim to be “a Christian.”
- Ekklesia or the Kingdom of God - Neil Girrard The kingdom of God is simply not the exact same thing as the ekklesia and the confusion that results by assuming that they are has caused many difficulties for the people of Christ.
- False Gods - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format - Printable Tract (in Adobe/pdf format) ) The Greek world of Paul’s day faced the same sort of idolatry that is endangering so many in Africa’s ebola outbreak.
- Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau: Three of Satan’s Stooges - Neil Girrard The U.S. is little more than the acting out of the philosophies of Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau but most Americans don’t know what these philosophers said or why that might be important to them as followers of Christ.
- How the Adversary Was Conquered at Calvary. The Proclamation of the Conquest Throughout His Dominions.; The Warfare With Satan and the Way of Victory - Jesse Penn-Lewis Let us now see how God planned to deliver the earth from the power of the fallen archangel.
- In the Way - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The parable of the wheat and the tares holds a unique place in the New Testament.
- Inoculated - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many Americans are unreached by the gospel because they have been inoculated against it, most often at some “church.”
- The Keys of the Kingdom - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) With knowledge of the keys to the kingdom of God, one must certainly possess eternal life – right?
- Kingdom Now? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Is the kingdom of God something we need to be concerned about today?
- The Kingdom of God Is at Hand - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) With the proclamation that the kingdom of God was at hand, Jesus ushered in a new phase in the work of redemption that God had purposed before the creation of the world.
- The Many Rs of the Final Reformation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) In order to grasp the entirety of God’s movement of the last days requires more than the simple label “the final reformation.”
- The Mighty Antithesis: Sin and Grace - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A.W. Tozer encountered hyper-grace in the 1950s and demonstrated that any discussion of sin and grace is going to cover ground at least touched upon by the conflict between Pelagius and Augustine in the 5th century.
- No Good Thing - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) It is a great day in the Lord when we finally learn there is no good thing in our flesh – but what will it take for us to learn that there is no good thing in the “church”?
- One Jacked “Jesus” - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Lawless rebels have created a “Jesus” who condones, encourages and enables their neurotic, carnal, sinful and wicked lifestyles, those ways of living that make both individuals and people groups ripe for strong judgment.
- Outside the Box - Neil Girrard In one short quote, J.B. Phillips put his finger squarely on the problems of modern churchianity.
- The Overcomer on the Throne of Victory: Satan Under the Feet of the Believer.; The Warfare With Satan and the Way of Victory - Jesse Penn-Lewis We must see the way of victory, and the place of authority over all the power of the enemy, which makes the redeemed one “terrible as an army with banners” to the foe.
- A Picture of the Kingdom - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) When Jesus was transfigured on the mountain, He showed His glory to His disciples – and left us a detailed “snapshot” of what His kingdom would be like after His death and before His return.
- The Power of “Church” Deception - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Those ensnared in obvious sin are more likely to attain to liberty than those ensnared by “church” deceptions because so few recognize how unScriptural the “church” has become.
- Protection Through a Holocaust; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer God doesn’t forsake His saints - they are preserved forever.
- Saints or Sinners - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) What is an individual after a genuine conversion? Why does it matter?
- Spectator Sport - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) In the face of the many multiplied thousands of “churches” proliferating around the world, the world grows swiftly darker and more evil. Are God’s methods actually ineffective and impotent?
- Spectrums: “Church” or Ekklesia - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any individual, whether the worst kind of evil villain or the best kind of saint or hero, is a combination of both good and bad characteristics – so why are led to believe that an assembly, which is made up of many individuals, must be either merely “good” or “bad” and not some mixture of both?
- A Tangled Web - Neil Girrard If knowing and doing the will of God is such a central part of following Christ, why do some claim that God’s purposes and will are unknowable?
- Too Deeply - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many Christian leaders today act as if exhortation is offensive and that the philosophy of offending anyone does not come from the Bible.
- The Two Step Gospel - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus’ picture of the wide and narrow gates and paths provides us with insight into what is perhaps the devil’s most pernicious deception, a deception which comes directly from the doctrines of eternal salvation.
- Unanimity - Neil Girrard God has been waiting for and working His people toward finally being content to sit back and stop trying to build anything for God.