Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
Therefore putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness [abundance of malice], in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls.
Therefore get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
So get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls.
Wherefore, having put away every moral uncleanness and vulgarity and wickedness which is abounding, in meekness receive the implanted Word which is able to save your souls.
Have done, then, with impurity and every other evil which overflows into the lives of others, and humbly accept the message that God has planted in your hearts, and which can save your souls.
So strip yourselves of everything impure and all the evils prevailing around you, and in humble spirit welcome the message which when rooted in your hearts is able to save your souls.
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- Abominations to God - Neil Girrard A word study on what God considers repulsive and abominable.
- The All Ins - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) “All in” is being written into and popularized in a number of songs today and it brings forward at least two powerful questions.
- The Basis of Unity - Neil Girrard The basis of our unity today is not to be found anywhere else but in Christ.
- Candles, Flashlights, Lasers and the Sun - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) God intends to have a variety, even an arsenal of people-types at His disposal and for His usage.
- Death by Deception; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Satan’s weapon against us is deception. He wields this weapon in order that he might ultimately render us dead - physically or spiritually whenever God and/or our own actions give him authority and power over us.
- 2. The Ecumenical Awakening - Part 1; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard The ecumenical movement, particularly in some of its earlier moments, was built on noble aspirations and motives.
- From the Word – Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Apologetics is a good thing, right?
- God-Given Assets - Neil Girrard Seekers of financial freedom very often use other people for their own gain and then speak openly of their “God-given assets.”
- God’s Fuhrer - Neil Girrard The hierarchy of the “church” (and its leftover remains among those who have left the “church”) makes the “servants of God” resemble a fuhrer. How can this be?
- Gospel of Grace - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Joseph Prince’s book, Destined to Reign, is an astonishing compilation of errors and false teachings. This article attempts to tackle all those found in chapter 3, “Controversies Surrounding the Gospel of Grace.”
- The Great Treasure - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) With great treasure comes great responsibility.
- How “Eld” Must an Elder Be? - Neil Girrard A Scriptural look at the role of elders in the local assembly.
- How Much Disobedience? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) How much disobedience can we practice and still be saved?
- The Inerrant Word of God - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Paul’s prophecy that many will turn their ears away from the truth and be turned aside to fables is being fulfilled in mainstream “Christianity” on such a widespread scale that it is all but impossible to conclude that this is the time of the apostasy.
- The King’s Return - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) When the King returns, what will He expect us to have done for Him?
- A Most Comforting Doctrine - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) There are other factors to be considered beyond “once saved, always saved” and “eternal security” – what are they?
- A Prayer for Owen Meany: A Review - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) This book may represent the most sophisticated and systematic exposure yet of the modern “church” put into a fictional novel or it may only be another indicator of just how deceptive the “church” can be. Either way, it opens up questions of depth one is not likely to encounter at “church”!
- A Prayer Request - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The deepest desire of our heart is for the return of Christ. Isn’t it?
- The Quest for Knowledge - Neil Girrard ) - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The quest for knowledge is a good thing - if we avoid all the pitfalls and actually find truth!
- Saints or Sinners - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) What is an individual after a genuine conversion? Why does it matter?
- Spectator Sport - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) In the face of the many multiplied thousands of “churches” proliferating around the world, the world grows swiftly darker and more evil. Are God’s methods actually ineffective and impotent?
- Spectrums: “Church” or Ekklesia - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any individual, whether the worst kind of evil villain or the best kind of saint or hero, is a combination of both good and bad characteristics – so why are led to believe that an assembly, which is made up of many individuals, must be either merely “good” or “bad” and not some mixture of both?
- Three Parables - Neil Girrard Three of Jesus’ parables we cannot afford to misunderstand.
- Two Kinds of Christians - Neil Girrard T. Austin Sparks identified two different kinds of Christians – which kind are we?
- Whose Kingdom Is It Anyway? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Perhaps the most accurate, over-arching view of the intricate workings of the kingdom of God ever given to men was that given to Ezekiel.
- Whose Side Are We On? - Neil Girrard ) - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Everyone who is of the truth hears Jesus’ voice. Did He mean it? Did He lie? Was He mistaken?