For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
For all that is in the world - the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life - is not of the Father but is of the world.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.
For everything in the world - the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does - comes not from the Father but from the world.
For all that is in the world - the lust of the flesh [craving for sensual gratification] and the lust of the eyes [greedy longings of the mind] and the pride of life [assurance in one’s own resources or in the stability of earthly things] - these do not come from the Father but are from the world [itself].
Because everything which is in the world, the passionate desire of the flesh [the totally depraved nature], and the passionate desire of the eyes, and the insolent and empty assurance which trusts in the things that serve the creature life, is not from the Father as a source but is from the world as a source.
For the whole world-system, based as it is on men’s desires, their greedy ambitions and the glamour of all that they think splendid, is not derived from the Father at all, but from the world itself.
because everything that is in the world, the things that our lower nature and eyes are longing for, and the proud pretensions of life, do not come from the Father, but from the world;
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- Beware of the Visible - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) There are those who set great stock on “the signs that will follow” the believer - and they are indeed precious promises. But are they the whole counsel of God?
- 4. The Children of the Devil; The Sons of the Devil - Neil Girrard If we are to claim our heritage as the sons of God - and truly live that and not just make false claims - we must be led by the Spirit of God.
- Choose Wisely; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Some people mistakenly think of themselves as not really being worldly even though their lifestyles and practices are exactly the same as the world. This is effective deception!
- Compel Them to Come - Neil Girrard If we want to draw people into the house of our Father, we must have - and be - something different to compel them to want to return.
- Death in the Living Room: It’s Not Just in the “Church” Anymore - Neil Girrard We certainly cannot change the whole of churchianity - by what means can we know whether the group we are attending or gathering with is truly administering life or administering death?
- The Desire To See - Neil Girrard Among those who have heard and obeyed God’s call to “Come out” of organized, institutional apostate churchianity, there remains a strong desire to more clearly see the ekklesia, God’s people, come together and interact in loving service to one another and to know that we are doing our part in Christ’s body.
- Doing the Will of God - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A study in the New Testament about the importance of doing the will of God.
- Enemies of the King - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Far too often we do not take seriously just who and what is considered the enemy of God.
- The Final Reformation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) It is believed by some that we are standing at the front of the “last reformation.” What’s that all about?
- First Fruits, Tithes and Offerings - Darryl Samuels - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A brother confronted with erroneous and false teachings about tithes and offerings, especially the “first fruits,” shares the results of his decision to research the Bible for himself.
- Follow the Right Gospel; Cry in the Wilderness - Keith Green This book is a series of Keith Green’s messages which are exceedingly relevant to today’s church. He who has ears ought to be listening!
- God-Given Assets - Neil Girrard Seekers of financial freedom very often use other people for their own gain and then speak openly of their “God-given assets.”
- Hidden “Pastor”-isms or, Once a “Pastor,” Always a “Pastor”? - Neil Girrard When a “pastor” exits the “church,” it will be very easy for him to underestimate how difficult it will be for him to be a real person again after having been a “pastor.”
- Hijacked! - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) We do not normally associate the term “hijacked” with the New Testament yet this is precisely what has happened and is happening.
- In But Not Of - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Being in this world but not of it is a standard that truly separates “the men from the boys.”
- Known - Neil Girrard What is the importance of our being known in the mind of God before the worlds were created? More than you might think.
- Maturing in Christ: Advice to New - and Old - Believers - Neil Girrard The path to spiritual maturity is not just a walk up an aisle or even an overnight journey. There are many things we need to observe in our spiritual journey toward God to be certain we don’t get off the path that leads to life.
- The Missing Piece of the Puzzle - Neil Girrard Jesus told us, if we have ears to hear, that we would need a “new” way to view ourselves in the end times.
- The Net - Neil Girrard To be fishers of men we need fishing equipment.
- No Substitutions - Neil Girrard The subtle substitutions Satan attempts to deceive us with can rob us of our heritage as sons of God.
- Nothing New - Neil Girrard A look at how the devil’s strategies to entrap the body of Christ really haven’t changed over the centuries.
- One Hundred and Seven Theses - Steve Camp Christianity today is increasingly dominated by the spirit of this age rather than the Spirit of Christ. We call ourselves to repent of this sin and to recover the historic Christian faith in the arts again.
- Our Threefold Enemy - Neil Girrard Those who would have us fight only the flesh leave us blind to our defenses against the demonic and the world and to the offensive weapons God has given us that we might obtain His objectives.
- Prayer Bringing Hidden Temptations to Light; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis For perpetual victory, therefore, the believer must unceasingly be on guard against the Tempter, praying for his hidden temptations to be revealed.
- The Profound, the Mysterious, the Meaningless and the Mundane - Neil Girrard “So heavenly minded he’s of no earthly good” is an age-old adage in Christian circles but does it really convey the whole truth of the matter?
- A Tangled Web - Neil Girrard If knowing and doing the will of God is such a central part of following Christ, why do some claim that God’s purposes and will are unknowable?
- Two or Three - Neil Girrard There are multiple layers of deception around the modern practice of “meeting.” Are we willing to face this?
- Whose Will Do We Follow? - Neil Girrard With the New Testament’s many clear instructions, how do we justify the normal (average, usual) “Christian’s” exclusion of God from so much of the life they live?
- Why “Church”? - Neil Girrard Only a few are able to spiritually grasp the truth that the “church” is Satan’s ace card in his war against God’s plan to have a family, let alone ponder why he chose this particular strategy.