But unto Cain and to his offering He had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
but He did not respect Cain and his offering. And Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell.
but for Cain and for his offering He had no regard. So Cain became very angry and his countenance fell.
but on Cain and his offering He did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.
But for Cain and His offering He had no respect or regard. So Cain was exceedingly angry and indignant, and he looked sad and depressed and dejected.
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- America - Neil Girrard Few seem to realize why America is degenerating so badly and so quickly – but the answer is really quite simple.
- By the Numbers - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) God’s choice of the number “one” to describe Himself is no accident.
- Critical Blockage - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Paul told us what the manifold grace (mercy and power) of God would do – why don’t we see it in our corporate assemblies?
- Error and Deception - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The phrase “the error of Balaam” opens up what God has to say to those who live in the days of deception prior to His return.
- The Eternal Gospel - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Sometimes when we read the book of Revelation we can easily miss some detail or fail to grasp the profound significance of some sparsely described event – even about something as important as the eternal gospel of Christ.
- False Religion; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard The most successful and dangerous of Satan’s “propaganda ministry” is the spirit of false religion.
- A Fine Line - Neil Girrard The believer who wants to obey God must constantly choose between righteousness and lawlessness – but few seem to know what lawlessness really is.
- Follow Me - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus makes it abundantly clear what it takes to gain eternal life.
- Inside Out - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) By failing to preserve the unity of the Spirit we turn the gospel of Christ inside out.
- The Law of God - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) We may not be able to exhaust every possible answer to the question of why God instituted the system of blood sacrifices and offerings we find in the Old Testament, but the main ones we do find in the Bible provide strong encouragement, great comfort and dire warning!
- Out of “Church” - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Coming out of “church” is a lot more than just leaving the building and no longer sitting at the feet of the “man of God” behind his pulpit.
- Outside the Box - Neil Girrard In one short quote, J.B. Phillips put his finger squarely on the problems of modern churchianity.
- Spiritual Blindness - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Whether we look at Nicodemus or Eve or Cain or Saul or Elymas or ourselves, the sin nature is common to every man, woman and child.
- There’s Nothing Wrong With Me - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The failure to face up to our own realities is often the source of our deepest deceptions.
- Those Who Despise and Reject Authority - Neil Girrard Though many people leaving the “church” are accused of rebelling against authority – and Peter’s and Jude’s prophecies are used - this is only a misrepresentation of the real meanings in these prophecies.
- Truth and Presumption - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Recognizing the awesome and transcendent power of God is as essential as is discerning the dangerously lethal deceptions which the enemy has arrayed against us, especially those schemes concealed within music and popular songs.
- Why Not One? - Neil Girrard Why has Christ’s High Priestly prayer that we would all be “one” remained unanswered?