Mt. 13:43 π Rev. 12:12
“In the end, what will hurt us the most is not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King
The Nazi/Soviet styled socialists are long immune to the truths spoken by the American founding fathers. They view them as they view the Bible, long antiquated and outdated parchments that have no impact or bearing on modern life. Though the socialists themselves have never invented a country as great or long lasting as America and the abject failures of communism and socialism around the world don’t sway them in the slightest, these socialists are nonetheless so smugly and arrogantly sure their way is a better way. Or else, because they crave things like power or money and have found a way to “legally” usurp these from other people, they really don’t care what the founding fathers wrote nor do they care why what they wrote is important to life, liberty and personal fulfillment. So long as these self-focused socialists get what they want, it doesn’t matter what anyone else wants or thinks. The American ideals, rights and liberties of others (but usually not their own!) can simply and readily be thrown out if they get in the way of any money- or power-hungry socialist.
But even the Marvel comic book writers get it. In one episode (set during the Cold War), Iron Man is fighting a Russian who is defending his country as greater than America. Iron Man rightly points out that the Communists “equally oppress everyone” and that the Communist system will never work because “the human spirit cannot be put in a box.”
But what is even more nauseating are those who listen to Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, etc., those who say they support Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Steve Pearce and the Freedom Caucus, etc. but, in local situations that require personal boldness and courage, these remain silent because the victim of some socialistic nightmare is not themselves. These need to remember Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s insight: “First they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Socialists and the Trade Unionists, but I was neither, so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew so I did not speak out. And when they came for me, there was no one left to speak out for me.” Some of these silent “friends” have even said that if we don’t protect the rights and liberties of the individual, there is no protection from the tyranny of any mass that manages to gain control of some segment of the American government. Somehow all the political entertainment they partake of on the radio and television has no application to their own neighborhood.
The socialists are better organized in many places and, in some places have even seized control of the laws and government, taking advantage of people who must work to survive and thus their victims know things are very wrong but they have no time or ability to play all the political games required to withstand the socialistic onslaught. Make no mistake, however – socialism is merely legalized theft. Capitalism begins with the basic premise that the product of a person’s labor belongs to himself. Socialism begins with the basic premise that the product of a person’s labor belongs to society. If socialism were content to curb the greed and selfishness that crops up in unrestrained capitalism, it might be tolerable. But most often, hypocrites who preach sharing wealth with others use the tenets of socialism only to gather benefits to themselves. Thus socialism really becomes an expression of some self-appointed elite’s “ownership” and control of other people’s property and even lives, in short, nothing more than legalized theft. The biggest problem of socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of other people’s money and resources. This truth is too often only discovered at the end of a disastrous chain of events that leaves lives, economies, nations and cultures in ruins.
These socialists, as the Nazis and Soviets were in their day, will ultimately prove more destructive than any Muslim takeover. These will smugly destroy people’s lives thinking (or at least claiming) they are doing the community a service when in reality they only serve themselves. Dachas (luxury homes in isolated communities) are not exclusive to Russia. Americans desperately need to read Boris Pasternak’s “Dr. Zhivago” – read the book, don’t watch the movie – because they are already living it. The socialist’s box is already built for the human spirit and the socialists and the evil power that drives them to oppress, control and imprison others will prove to be a casket to any who blindly step into it. It is virtually impossible to hope for a good future for one’s family and children when the most likely American scenarios are those that come from “Brave New World,” “Dr. Zhivago,” “1984,” “Atlas Shrugged” and “Hunger Games.” The socialists are insanely blind to their participation in bringing this country to this deplorable immoral condition. Lenin has and will always need his dupes so that he can enjoy his power and luxuries.
What choice does an American loyal to the principles of liberty have? Acquiesce to the socialistic mindset and practice the deception and selfish greed the socialists condemn in the capitalists – that is, if they’ll even let you into the inner circles of the moneyed elites? Take up arms? Since the socialists are basically manipulative cowards who use laws to attack their victims, they will rarely oppose you to your face but will instead report you to the “proper” (co-opted) authorities. Further, your silent “friends” will not stand with you but will more likely stand and watch silently while you are escorted away to some modern version of a concentration camp gulag.
The only solution is faith, faith in the Creator God that He has not abandoned His creation but will sustain and uphold all those who call upon and trust in Him. Then we must respond with fearless boldness in whatever direction He leads us. Make no mistake. Our blood may be required. We may need to defend our loved ones with lethal force. We may be removed to concentration camps and be exterminated as were the Jews and Russians under the Nazis and Soviets. But we must remain true to what God has created us to be. Any other solution is not a solution but a removal of one’s self from the path that leads to life, liberty and happiness. To thine own self (the Christ-like self which God created you to be) be true is applicable in this sense. Or, as Catherine of Sienna said it, “Be who you were created to be and you will set the world on fire.”
Only faith in the Most High God and His only supernaturally-born Son, Jesus Christ, will enable us to overcome the spirit of evil who has been given the opportunity to demonstrate his complete ineptness and utter inability to run the planet in any truly beneficial way. Make no mistake. His fury is intense and his wrath is merciless because his time is short. ( Rev. 12:12 ) But God’s grace for the faithful who endure to the end will prove greater. The true sons of God in Christ Jesus will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father no matter what kind of evil surrounds them. ( Mt. 13:43; top )
Let he who has ears hear.
- America - Neil Girrard Few seem to realize why America is degenerating so badly and so quickly – but the answer is really quite simple.
- The American Blunders - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The Europeans have long congratulated themselves for discovering the souls basement and have long considered Americans as superficial and naïve for not having much soul - or basement! But Jesus and the Bible warned mankind of the dangers of the soul long before there ever was an America – or a Europe!
- Better Off - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Socialism and capitalism both claim to seek to make people “better off” – but what does this imply for the disciple of Christ?
- A Better Place - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) There are some who believe Christianity is merely some utopian social scheme to make this world a better place.
- The Blood of the Martyrs Bible Bullet: Revelation 12:11 - Neil Girrard Is God surprised or caught off guard by the political shift of power that has come upon this country?
- The Final Solution Bible Bullet: Galatians 5:13 - Neil Girrard Liberty is a fundamental American right – but have we used our liberty wisely or foolishly?
- An Historical Indictment - Neil Girrard A quote from Alexis de Tocqueville points to the truth about the United States as a “Christian” nation.
- Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau: Three of Satan’s Stooges - Neil Girrard The U.S. is little more than the acting out of the philosophies of Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau but most Americans don’t know what these philosophers said or why that might be important to them as followers of Christ.
- Inevitable Conclusions - Neil Girrard Barry Goldwater’s 1964 acceptance speech contains a fabulous glimpse into the overarching motivation that drives the conservative movement in America.
- The Purpose of America - Neil Girrard Who said America can’t be found in the end-times prophecies? And who said God invented democracy?
- This Wicked World - Bible Bullet: 1 John 5:19 - Neil Girrard Ever wondered why nothing ever changes for the better in Washington (or any other capital around the world)?
- A Defeated Devil - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many who claim to follow Christ hold to the idea of a defeated devil, ridiculing his schemes and devices as just the foolish floppings of a “toothless old tiger” too stupid and inept to be of any harm or threat to their eternal security in Christ. But is this an accurate portrayal?
I’d love to hear comments and/or questions from you! Email me!