Jn. 14:20 π Rom. 12:11 π 1 Cor. 12:7 π 1 Cor. 12:12 π 1 Cor. 12:25
The influx of the Spirit of God to a man's spirit, means love, joy, and liberty, buoyancy, light and power. It means a revelation of Christ as the Risen and Ascended Lord, which brings joy unspeakable and full of glory; and an intimate sense of His nearness in fellowship and communion, which makes the "I in you" ( Jn. 14:20; top ) a living power. It is at this time that ignorance is dangerous. If the believer does not understand that all this is an EFFECT WHICH IS INWARD AS A RESULT OF THE UNION WITH CHRIST IN HEAVEN, and an effect which will continue only so long as he abides in the right attitude toward the glorified Christ in heaven, he will turn into and sink down into the soul, i.e., into himself; and then the deceiving spirits will counterfeit in the sense-sphere the true experiences which he had IN SPIRIT through the incoming of the Holy Ghost.
These "experiences" then have little result beyond the circumference of the believer. When the true influx of the Holy Spirit to the spirit took place, there was
1) unity with others in the same spirit,
3) liberty of utterance,
4) power to witness to Christ,
5) effective and permanent results in the lives of others, and a heavenly "fire" from God in a burning, consuming white heat intensity of SPIRIT ( Rom. 12:11; top ) in service to God.
But when the sense counterfeit takes place, supernatural "experiences" frequently occur at the very same time that a wrong spirit is discernible, such as harshness, bitterness, pride, presumption, disunion, etc., showing either
1) that the "experiences" are not from the spirit, or
2) that the spirit is out of co-working with the Holy Spirit, and
3) the Holy Spirit is no longer able to bring forth the pure fruit of the Spirit through the believer's spirit and life.
The after counterfeit of the true is also marked by,
1) inability to recognize and unite with the Spirit of God in others, this being contrary to the pattern of the oneness of the Body shown in 1 Cor. 12 ( 7 , 12 , 25; top ), where the same Spirit in each member is in harmony with the Spirit in the other;
2) the spirit of separation and division on account of not seeing eye to eye in non-essential matters, for union of spirit, where the Holy Spirit is ruling and working, is possible apart from unity of faith, which can only be according to the degree of knowledge.
I'd love to hear comments and/or questions from you! Email me!