But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness – indignation and wrath,
but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation.
But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.
But for those who are self-seeking and self-willed and disobedient to the Truth but responsive to wickedness, there will be indignation and wrath.
but to those on the other hand who out of a factious spirit are both also non-persuadable with respect to the truth and persuadable with respect to unrighteousness, wrath and anger.
It also means anger and wrath for those who rebel against God’s plan of life, and refuse to obey His rules, and who, in so doing, make themselves the very servants of evil.
but wrath and fury, crushing suffering and awful anguish, to the self-willed who are always resisting the right and yielding to the wrong,
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- The Basis of Unity - Neil Girrard The basis of our unity today is not to be found anywhere else but in Christ.
- The Coin of the Realm - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many think they know what God’s “economy” is all about – but it’s not really what most people presume.
- Contrasts - Neil Girrard Goodness is often contrasted with spirituality but in reality they are far more deeply intertwined than this simple contrast would suggest.
- A Different Jesus - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Every sect (denomination) and religious social club (“church”) has its own “Jesus.” How can this be?
- Doing the Will of God - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A study in the New Testament about the importance of doing the will of God.
- Double Mindedness - Neil Girrard We are all familiar with “a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways,” but just how deep does that instability go?
- Ekklesia or the Kingdom of God - Neil Girrard The kingdom of God is simply not the exact same thing as the ekklesia and the confusion that results by assuming that they are has caused many difficulties for the people of Christ.
- The Enoch Factor - A Review - Neil Girrard Steve McSwain’s book recognizes the many ills of modern churchianity but embraces a New-Age type of spirituality that will prove far more lethal to those who follow it.
- Genuine Christians - Neil Girrard When Paul confronted the Judaizers, he also left us a perfect description of genuine believers in Christ.
- God? - Neil Girrard What do we say to the growing number of people who no longer want anything to do with God because of their past “church” experiences?
- God Rules - Or Does He?; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Some use the “sovereignty of God” as a reason to not be concerned about error, heresy and darkness as if these things were incapable of harming us in any way and it is very likely that this fuzzy mis-notion is the very point of access for the demonic into these people’s lives!
- God the Judge of All - Neil Girrard The New Testament clearly says that God is to be the Judge of all men – so why does the “church” teach exemption from judgment for their attendees? And just what are the standards by which we shall all be judged?
- The Great Treasure - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) With great treasure comes great responsibility.
- Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau: Three of Satan’s Stooges - Neil Girrard The U.S. is little more than the acting out of the philosophies of Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau but most Americans don’t know what these philosophers said or why that might be important to them as followers of Christ.
- How Much Disobedience? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) How much disobedience can we practice and still be saved?
- Kingdom Now? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Is the kingdom of God something we need to be concerned about today?
- Legalism and Tradition; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Legalism and its twin, tradition, are some of the most insidious deceptions afoot.
- Living Truth - Neil Girrard Lawlessness (doing what is right in one’s own eyes) has many subtle ways of diverting us from Christ.
- Loving Truth; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard There may be no more important attitude than the love of truth for those who will be alive at the end of the age when Christ returns.
- Most Needed Questions - Neil Girrard Several questions that most desperately need to be asked - and answered!
- The Other Sheep - Neil Girrard Jesus said that He must bring in “the other sheep” and make “one flock” under “one shepherd.” Who are these “other sheep”?
- Our Duty - Neil Girrard A word study on strife and striving that reveals what God expects of us - contains some surprising answers!
- Overcoming Through Perseverance; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Just because God meets us where we’re at does not mean that we’ve arrived.
- Religion - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Religion – as a word, as a concept and as a practice – cannot be rightly categorized apart from the adjectives and descriptive we attach to it.
- Ritualism and Hypocrisy; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard The ruler of false religion’s first (but by no means the last) great victory in the church age (that is, after the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost) was convincing men they needed to hold regular meetings and practice rituals in the name of Christ.
- The Rulers of the Darkness of This Age; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard To see how Jesus dealt with these lords of darkness, we must turn to John’s account of Jesus’ encounter with some Jews who asked Him who He was.
- Seven / Twenty-One / Five-Twenty B.C. (Part 2); “Building the Temple” - Neil Girrard God is building a building capable of withstanding the shaking that He will bring forth in the end times.
- 5. Sin - the Work of the Flesh; The Sons of the Devil - Neil Girrard The works of the flesh are evident – and abounding – and they keep us out of God’s kingdom!
- Spiritual Fruit; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard For every fruit of the Spirit of God, there is a counterfeit or alternative fruit of the spirit of mammon.
- 8. We Must Be Still to Know; The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard If the people who have read Tozer – and a lot of “pastors” and religious leaders have read his writings – would have simply heeded this message, the landscape of Christianity might be vastly different than it is now.