Perhaps from the same as erethizo ; properly intrigue, that is, (by implication) faction.
Occurs 7 times in 7 verses.
Entries following the reference are those used in the New Testament - Greek/English/Strong’s Interlinear.
- Rom. 2:8 – self-seeking
- 2 Cor. 12:20
- Gal. 5:20 – rivalries
- Phlp. 1:16
- Phlp. 2:3
- Jas. 3:14
- Jas. 3:16
- 2. The Ecumenical Awakening - Part 1; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard The ecumenical movement, particularly in some of its earlier moments, was built on noble aspirations and motives.
- In the Way - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The parable of the wheat and the tares holds a unique place in the New Testament.
- No Good Thing - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) It is a great day in the Lord when we finally learn there is no good thing in our flesh – but what will it take for us to learn that there is no good thing in the “church”?
- Our Duty - Neil Girrard A word study on strife and striving that reveals what God expects of us - contains some surprising answers!
- The Passing Darkness - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The reason mainline denominations are dying out is blatantly obvious for those who have eyes to see.
- 5. Sin - the Work of the Flesh; The Sons of the Devil - Neil Girrard The works of the flesh are evident – and abounding – and they keep us out of God’s kingdom!
- Spectrums: “Church” or Ekklesia - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any individual, whether the worst kind of evil villain or the best kind of saint or hero, is a combination of both good and bad characteristics – so why are led to believe that an assembly, which is made up of many individuals, must be either merely “good” or “bad” and not some mixture of both?
- Tags Come Second - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some people want to believe that “denominational tags” are permissible and harmless and even irrelevant. Really?
I’d love to hear comments and/or questions from you! Email me!