Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissentions, factions,
idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions,
Idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger (ill-temper), selfishness, divisions (dissensions), party spirit (factions, sects with peculiar opinions, heresies),
idolatry, witchcraft, enmities, strife, jealousy, angers, self-seekings, divisions, factions,
worship of false gods, witchcraft, hatred, strife, jealousy, bad temper, rivalry, factions, party-spirit,
idolatry, sorcery, enmity, quarreling, jealousy, anger, intrigues, dissensions, party-spirit,
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- The Adversary’s Resistance to the Liberation of His Captives, and How Souls Are Freed by the Power of the Cross.; The Warfare With Satan and the Way of Victory - Jesse Penn-Lewis The deliverance of Calvary which the Adversary most fears for the redeemed one to know draws the believer right out of his reach, into the hiding place in the crucified Lord, making way for the Christ Himself to possess the earthen vessel, and manifest His life and power.
- 5. The Basis of Union and Division; The Normal Christian Church Life - Watchman Nee We know now what the church is. It consists of all the saved ones in a given locality.
- The Basis of Unity - Neil Girrard The basis of our unity today is not to be found anywhere else but in Christ.
- The Call for Unity - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The call for unity that is sounding forth from so many among professed followers of Christ today is genuine – but it is dangerous.
- A Call to Arms - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) So how does a true believer participate in the ages-old war between God and Satan?
- 4. The Children of the Devil; The Sons of the Devil - Neil Girrard If we are to claim our heritage as the sons of God - and truly live that and not just make false claims - we must be led by the Spirit of God.
- Christ In - Set Man Out! - Darryl Samuels & Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Is the “set man” principle still applicable to New Covenant believers today? This article may challenge some of our sincerest beliefs.
- 5. The Christian Life in a United Church - Part 2; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard We now return to the floor-tilting quotes we laid on the table in the previous section.
- 6. The Christian Life in a United Church - Part 3; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard Morrison unleashes, to the best of his ability (and for his time and season – 1951!), his imagination toward what a unified ekklesia would look and be like.
- Church Home - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Modern Christianity tells us we need a “church home.” What is a “church home”? Do we really need one?
- 10. Conclusions; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard Clayton Morrison’s book is probably best read for the conversation it leads into.
- Control - Neil Girrard John Taylor Gatto describes the educational system as “deliberately designed to produce mediocre intellects, to hamstring the inner life, to deny students appreciable leadership skills, and to ensure docile and incomplete citizens – all in order to render the populace ‘manageable.’” What does this mean for the follower in Christ?
- Death in the Living Room: It’s Not Just in the “Church” Anymore - Neil Girrard We certainly cannot change the whole of churchianity - by what means can we know whether the group we are attending or gathering with is truly administering life or administering death?
- A Different Jesus - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Every sect (denomination) and religious social club (“church”) has its own “Jesus.” How can this be?
- Do Not Yield - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many “Christian” leaders demand blind obedience from their followers but what does the New Testament really say about obeying men?
- Double Mindedness - Neil Girrard We are all familiar with “a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways,” but just how deep does that instability go?
- 2. The Ecumenical Awakening - Part 1; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard The ecumenical movement, particularly in some of its earlier moments, was built on noble aspirations and motives.
- Ekkaleo - Ekkletoi - Ekklesia - Neil Girrard Becoming the ekklesia is a process - not an automatic guarantee just because we claim to be “a Christian.”
- The Final Reformation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) It is believed by some that we are standing at the front of the “last reformation.” What’s that all about?
- Foreword; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard This series examines Charles Clayton Morrison’s book to glean its excellent insights into one of the “church’s” most ongoing sins – denominationalism.
- From “Once Upon a Time...” to “Happily Ever After”? - Neil Girrard A discussion of the “once saved, always saved” theory.
- From the Word – Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Apologetics is a good thing, right?
- Gaining True Spiritual Maturity - Neil Girrard When we try to gain spiritual maturity by our own efforts, we usually make things worse, not better – why is that?
- God’s Approval - Neil Girrard God’s approval on our life and on our work in His kingdom is no light and trivial matter.
- Gospel of Grace - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Joseph Prince’s book, Destined to Reign, is an astonishing compilation of errors and false teachings. This article attempts to tackle all those found in chapter 3, “Controversies Surrounding the Gospel of Grace.”
- An Historical Indictment - Neil Girrard A quote from Alexis de Tocqueville points to the truth about the United States as a “Christian” nation.
- How to Be a Local Ekklesia: or, Where the House “Church” Movement Failed - Neil Girrard The house “church” failed to attain to the three core elements of true ekklesia and has, for the most part, already devolved into yet another hardened wineskin.
- 7. The Illusion of Restorationism; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard In this chapter, Morrison exposes his personal bias against “restorationist groups.”
- Imminent Judgment; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer In light of recent disclosures of astrology and the occult influencing our government’s decisions, we must expect the Lord’s judgments to come shortly; whenever Israel let these divinations became a part of their nation, God’s judgments followed.
- In But Not Of - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Being in this world but not of it is a standard that truly separates “the men from the boys.”
- In Word, Or In Power; The Divine Conquest - A.W. Tozer An exceptionally accurate portrayal of the need for Christians to be truly saved - and what happens when men settle for powerless religion.
- Inoculated - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many Americans are unreached by the gospel because they have been inoculated against it, most often at some “church.”
- Inside Out - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) By failing to preserve the unity of the Spirit we turn the gospel of Christ inside out.
- Keeping From Sin; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer We have been programmed to believe that if we read the word of God we will stop sinning.
- The Kingdom of God Is at Hand - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) With the proclamation that the kingdom of God was at hand, Jesus ushered in a new phase in the work of redemption that God had purposed before the creation of the world.
- The Lie Called Revival – Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) “Revivals” are popular at many “churches” and everyone seems to think everyone needs “revived” – but what is the truth?
- The Local Church in the Time of Apostasy - Neil Girrard An examination of how Watchman Nee’s teachings in The Normal Christian Church Life, chapter 5, are to be viewed in the context of today’s ultra-denominationalism.
- 9. Loyalty and Freedom in a United Church; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard Morrison was a man of depth - but he also demonstrated a spiritual schizophrenia.
- Maturing in Christ: Advice to New - and Old - Believers - Neil Girrard The path to spiritual maturity is not just a walk up an aisle or even an overnight journey. There are many things we need to observe in our spiritual journey toward God to be certain we don’t get off the path that leads to life.
- The Mighty Antithesis: Sin and Grace - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A.W. Tozer encountered hyper-grace in the 1950s and demonstrated that any discussion of sin and grace is going to cover ground at least touched upon by the conflict between Pelagius and Augustine in the 5th century.
- The Missing Piece of the Puzzle - Neil Girrard Jesus told us, if we have ears to hear, that we would need a “new” way to view ourselves in the end times.
- Multi-Denominationalism - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some people are promoting the idea of “multi-denominationalism.” What’s that about?
- The Net - Neil Girrard To be fishers of men we need fishing equipment.
- No Good Thing - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) It is a great day in the Lord when we finally learn there is no good thing in our flesh – but what will it take for us to learn that there is no good thing in the “church”?
- One Accord; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer In our haste and impatience to see a restoration of the book of Acts, we have used human power as the present day church has tried to implement God’s plan, void of the necessary grace.
- One Jacked “Jesus” - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Lawless rebels have created a “Jesus” who condones, encourages and enables their neurotic, carnal, sinful and wicked lifestyles, those ways of living that make both individuals and people groups ripe for strong judgment.
- Our Duty - Neil Girrard A word study on strife and striving that reveals what God expects of us - contains some surprising answers!
- Out of “Church” - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Coming out of “church” is a lot more than just leaving the building and no longer sitting at the feet of the “man of God” behind his pulpit.
- Outside the Box - Neil Girrard In one short quote, J.B. Phillips put his finger squarely on the problems of modern churchianity.
- The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Wedding Maids - Neil Girrard Centuries of foolish and even demonic paradigms have distorted the clear meaning behind Jesus’ words in this parable.
- The Passing Darkness - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The reason mainline denominations are dying out is blatantly obvious for those who have eyes to see.
- Pastor, Bishop or Nicolaitan Overlord? - Neil Girrard Is the “pastor” a real New Testament office or a 1st century religious construct?
- Pleasing Men - Neil Girrard Few recognize just how subtle pleasing men can be – and how it keeps us from obeying God.
- Pressing Into the Kingdom - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The kingdom of God differs from the law and the prophets – why is that important?
- Responding to the Apostasy - Neil Girrard As the great falling away from the faith unfolds all around us, what response should we make?
- Saints or Sinners - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) What is an individual after a genuine conversion? Why does it matter?
- Same Old Story: Montanus vs. Ignatius of Antioch - Neil Girrard “Church” splits are almost as old as church history – and the first one reveals a lot of the errors we still practice today.
- 5. Sin - the Work of the Flesh; The Sons of the Devil - Neil Girrard The works of the flesh are evident – and abounding – and they keep us out of God’s kingdom!
- So You Think You’re a Christian; Neil Girrard What it means to be “saved.”
- Spectrums: “Church” or Ekklesia - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any individual, whether the worst kind of evil villain or the best kind of saint or hero, is a combination of both good and bad characteristics – so why are led to believe that an assembly, which is made up of many individuals, must be either merely “good” or “bad” and not some mixture of both?
- 8. Surmounting Three Major Obstacles; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard Morrison again looks ahead to “a united church,” offering his ideas (compiled in the late 1940s) as to how to overcome what he saw as three major obstacles to “ecumenical unity.”
- Tag Team; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard The demonic excels at what it does precisely because they do work together in their vast scams against humanity.
- Tags Come Second - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some people want to believe that “denominational tags” are permissible and harmless and even irrelevant. Really?
- Think Like I Think - Neil Girrard I expect, insist and demand that you think like I do – just like the Bible says.
- Three Lies - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Three lies currently in vogue in various “Christian” circles, at first, seem to be unrelated to one another but in reality share very similar roots.
- Told to Go: Or, Riding the Wrong Horse - Neil Girrard Most “Christians” turn a deaf ear to God’s command to “Come out” because it would require leaving the comfort zone of the “church” and comfortable “church” society circles.
- Tolerance or Unity; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard The ruler of displacing Christ works extremely hard to get us to relate to one another by any means other than the Spirit of Christ.
- Too Deeply - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many Christian leaders today act as if exhortation is offensive and that the philosophy of offending anyone does not come from the Bible.
- True Words - Neil Girrard Modern New Testament prophets - if there really is such a thing – must speak only “edification and exhortation and comfort to men.” Right?
- The Two Step Gospel - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus’ picture of the wide and narrow gates and paths provides us with insight into what is perhaps the devil’s most pernicious deception, a deception which comes directly from the doctrines of eternal salvation.
- The Unity of the Spirit - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Only when He is our King, indeed our all – first individually and then corporately – can we ever hope to experience what Paul called “the unanimity of the Spirit of God.”
- 2. The Vital Place of the Church; The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Tozer’s teachings exposes his own “church” paradigm and opens up the truth for us today.
- The Voice of God - Neil Girrard Hearing the voice of God has more to do with following Christ than most seem to realize.
- The Voice of Strangers - Neil Girrard The primary element that makes one’s voice that of a stranger is the very subtle strain of presuming oneself better or superior over others and most teachers who possess this strain either deny or justify it!
- What God Is Really Saying Now - Neil Girrard What are God’s priorities for His remnant today?
- Where Did the Prophets Go? - A Review - Neil Girrard The author of this book asks a good question but his answers fall far short of the full counsel of God.
- Why “Church”? - Neil Girrard Only a few are able to spiritually grasp the truth that the “church” is Satan’s ace card in his war against God’s plan to have a family, let alone ponder why he chose this particular strategy.
- Why Not One? - Neil Girrard Why has Christ’s High Priestly prayer that we would all be “one” remained unanswered?
- Why We Gather - Neil Girrard Why we first went to “church” is as important a question to answer as is why we left it.
- Willing to Obey - Neil Girrard God requires us to choose – He doesn’t force His will or His kingdom on anyone (yet).
- The Work of the Wilderness - Neil Girrard If God is leading us, why are we still in the wilderness?
- Your God Is Too Small: A Review - Neil Girrard J.B. Phillips’ book, Your God Is Too Small, is an excellent, well thought-out description of the various false gods and pseudo-“Gods” worshiped (or at least nominally followed) at most “churches” and a rational perspective of Christ and God that will well serve any genuine follower of Christ in these days of apostasy and rampant deception.