But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head – Christ -
but speaking (holding to or walking in) the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him, who is the head, even Christ,
Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Him who is the Head, that is, Christ.
Rather, let our lives lovingly express truth [in all things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly]. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him Who is the Head, [even] Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, who is the Head, Christ,
But we are meant to speak the truth in love, and to grow up in every way into Christ, the head.
But, on the other hand, we shall go on holding to the truth and in love growing up into perfect union with Him, that is, Christ Himself who is the Head.
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- Almost There: The “Church” Paradigm (a la Wilkerson) - Neil Girrard A comparison of messages from David Wilkerson and Watchman Nee reveals some important truths for the body of Christ today.
- 5. American Independence vs. Body Interdependence; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard Perhaps the worst influence that American independence has had on the spiritual understanding of believers is found in the usual interpretation given to Paul's words to the Thessalonians.
- Assembling Together; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard It has been rightly said that our relationship with Christ has two elements - vertical and horizontal.
- But the Building Is Just a Tool - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A Scriptural look at the deceptive practice of “church” buildings.
- Catch 22: The American “Church’s” Dilemmas - Neil Girrard A penetrating look at the numerous self-imposed dilemmas which keep the “church” from being the body of Christ.
- 6. The Christian Life in a United Church - Part 3; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard Morrison unleashes, to the best of his ability (and for his time and season – 1951!), his imagination toward what a unified ekklesia would look and be like.
- Church; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer What is the paramount thing a church group should be accomplishing in their fellowship?
- Ephesians: Paul’s Time Capsule - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some Bible scholars insist that Ephesians is merely a general letter for all believers - others question the authenticity of Paul’s authorship because Paul’s usual inclusion of eschatology (the study of prophesied end-times events) is absent. What is the real story and why is it so vitally important for us to understand Paul’s intent today?
- The Final Reformation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) It is believed by some that we are standing at the front of the “last reformation.” What’s that all about?
- Finish the Reformation! - Neil Girrard Finishing the Reformation truly and simply means that we must all press on to the maturity that is found only in Christ.
- 5. The Function and Harmony of the Members; The Body of Christ: A Reality - Watchman Nee There is no one having the life of God who is not a member of the body of Christ, and no member is so small as to have no function of his own.
- A Game of Words - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Words are the transportation device of the enemy of our souls and most Christians don’t know how successful he’s been at robbing us of our heritage in Christ.
- 3. Hold Fast the Head; The Body of Christ: A Reality - Watchman Nee God has given the total Christ to us and has joined us intimately with His Son. All the power of our existence rests in Christ.
- Maturing in Christ: Advice to New - and Old - Believers - Neil Girrard The path to spiritual maturity is not just a walk up an aisle or even an overnight journey. There are many things we need to observe in our spiritual journey toward God to be certain we don’t get off the path that leads to life.
- Missionaries - Neil Girrard “Missionary” is not a word used in the New Testament. So why are we so insistent on sending out missionaries?
- The Open Church – A Review - Neil Girrard A good book to read - with the understanding that it represents some serious compromises to the vision that God tried to give.
- Our Heavenly Calling in Christ - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Our heavenly calling in Christ requires a balance of deeper and more accurate knowledge of exactly what God has done for and given to us accompanied by our diligent obedience and spiritually mature attentiveness to the responsibilities He has placed upon us.
- The Paradigm Shift - Neil Girrard A response to some of Steve Camp’s 107 Theses addressing the issues of what it really means to be the church.
- Pastors - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) What is a pastor? Why is the “pastor” so central to “church”?
- The Quest for Knowledge - Neil Girrard ) - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The quest for knowledge is a good thing - if we avoid all the pitfalls and actually find truth!
- 15. The Responsibility of Leadership (Part 2); The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Here again Tozer tumbles down a slippery slope – a mistake he does not make often – and lands in a heap at the bottom.
- The Right and Only Way - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Is there such a thing as the right and only way – what is it?
- Six / Twenty-Four / Five-Twenty B.C.; “Building the Temple” - Neil Girrard Obedience to the King, Christ Jesus, is not optional if we are going to co-labor with Him in building His temple, His body, His people.
- Spectator Sport - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) In the face of the many multiplied thousands of “churches” proliferating around the world, the world grows swiftly darker and more evil. Are God’s methods actually ineffective and impotent?
- 8. Surmounting Three Major Obstacles; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard Morrison again looks ahead to “a united church,” offering his ideas (compiled in the late 1940s) as to how to overcome what he saw as three major obstacles to “ecumenical unity.”
- Thinking Naughty Thoughts - A Review - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) For penetrating, conversation-stimulating insights and questions, this book stands in a short list of books that attempt to rightly divide the issues of modern churchianity.
- Unity Is Not Optional - Neil Girrard The words used in the New Testament that speak of the unity of the body of Christ are infrequent and precise – and they are a necessity.
- A Vision and Confirming Insights - Jim Johnson/Neil Girrard This vision given to Jim Johnson by the Lord is extremely timely for the Body of Christ to hear. Neil Girrard adds confirming insights to Jim Johnson's vision for any who want more Scriptures to consider in light of his vision.
- War and Responsibility - Neil Girrard The responsibilities of those who are at war.
- What Did You Go Out To See? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Those who have exited the “church” and entered into some form of the “wilderness” experience need to reconsider this question.
- Where Did the Prophets Go? - A Review - Neil Girrard The author of this book asks a good question but his answers fall far short of the full counsel of God.
- Where Should I Go To Church? - Neil Girrard This important - but ignorant - question deserves to be answered.
- Whose Side Are We On? - Neil Girrard ) - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Everyone who is of the truth hears Jesus’ voice. Did He mean it? Did He lie? Was He mistaken?
- Why Waiting Meetings Are Profitable To Evil Spirits; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Meetings for “waiting for the Spirit” until He descends in some manifested way has been so profitable to deceiving spirits because they are not in accord with the written Word.
- The Wiles of the Devil - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any soldier intending to survive the day’s battle needs to know what weapons his enemy is using and how to counter those weapons.
- The Work of the Wilderness - Neil Girrard If God is leading us, why are we still in the wilderness?