For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere.
because our wrestling is not against blood and flesh, but against the principalities, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against spirit forces of perniciousness in the heavenly places.
For our fight is not against any physical enemy: it is against organisations and powers that are spiritual. We are up against the unseen power that controls this dark world, and spiritual agents from the very headquarters of evil.
For our contest (literally, wrestling) is not with human foes alone, but with the rulers, authorities, and cosmic powers of this dark world; that is, with the spirit-forces of evil challenging us in the heavenly contest.
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- Abuse Under a Spiritual Father; Jim, a brother in Christ - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) One man’s experiences in the Apostles and Prophets movement.
- The Adversary and His Origin: His Names: His Kingdom: His Organized Government, and His Religion; The Warfare With Satan and the Way of Victory - Jesse Penn-Lewis Before we can apprehend the meaning of the urgent call to overcome, sent to His people by the Risen Lord through His Apostle John, it is necessary that we should unveil the Prince of darkness and his kingdom.
- Against the Night; The “Church” Paradigm (a la Colson); Neil Girrard Chuck Colson’s excellent spiritual and political analysis of a decade ago are marred by his own presupposed paradigms.
- The Believer Finds He Is At War With All Hell; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis In the discovery of the wickedness and hatred of the supernatural powers of evil against him, the believer learns he is not fighting against the intelligence of one supernatural being, but against principalities and powers, with vast resources at their command.
- Buy From Me - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus commanded the Laodiceans to buy something from Him. What was it and why is it important?
- Call for Repentance and Reformation - Steve Camp An uncompromising challenge to the contemporary Christian music industry. May God grant all who read these ears to hear what God is saying to His body.
- A Call to Arms - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) So how does a true believer participate in the ages-old war between God and Satan?
- Changes – It’s Better Together; Lifestyle of Light - Jim Nesbitt/Bob Hughey Ex Church of Christ people whose lives were changed when Bob stopped playing “church” and started living by the Spirit of God.
- 7. The Covering, Restraint, and Supply of the Body of Christ; The Body of Christ: A Reality - Watchman Nee In this chapter we shall look into a few more matters related to the body of Christ.
- The Deception Peril of the Last Days of the Age; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Many shall be deceived precisely because most fail to see any danger whatsoever.
- A Defeated Devil - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many who claim to follow Christ hold to the idea of a defeated devil, ridiculing his schemes and devices as just the foolish floppings of a “toothless old tiger” too stupid and inept to be of any harm or threat to their eternal security in Christ. But is this an accurate portrayal?
- Demonics - Neil Girrard Can a Christian be demonized? Can a “pastor” be demonized? The answer might surprise you.
- Demonized - Neil Girrard A look at what the Scriptures teach - and do not teach - about a believer being possessed of a demon.
- 2. The Ecumenical Awakening - Part 1; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard The ecumenical movement, particularly in some of its earlier moments, was built on noble aspirations and motives.
- Evil Spirits Subject to the Believer Joined to the Living Christ; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis The believer must KNOW that it is God's will that evil spirits should be, not only potentially, but actually subject to him as one joined in vital union to the Holy One of God.
- Fighting From Principle; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis All dependence upon feeling, and acting from “impulse” must be put aside in this warfare.
- Follow the Right Gospel; Cry in the Wilderness - Keith Green This book is a series of Keith Green’s messages which are exceedingly relevant to today’s church. He who has ears ought to be listening!
- Four Kinds of Enemies; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Once we know that there are spiritual beings who wield deception against us, it is highly significant that Paul differentiates four types of Satanic beings.
- God Rules - Or Does He?; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Some use the “sovereignty of God” as a reason to not be concerned about error, heresy and darkness as if these things were incapable of harming us in any way and it is very likely that this fuzzy mis-notion is the very point of access for the demonic into these people’s lives!
- The Human Spirit Co-Working With the Holy Spirit; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Walking “after the spirit,” and “minding the spirit,” does not only mean mind and body subservient to the spirit, but the man’s own spirit co-working with the Holy Spirit in the daily life, and all the occasions of life.
- In Search of an Answer - Neil Girrard A look at our options in facing the future as it is likely to be here in America.
- Inside Out - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) By failing to preserve the unity of the Spirit we turn the gospel of Christ inside out.
- The Kingdom Is the Key - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) An accurate understanding of the kingdom of God is the key to understanding the collection of writings we commonly call the New Testament.
- The Most Dangerous Man in the Assembly - Neil Girrard The most dangerous man in the assembly is the least likely suspect – he’s very likely to be the one who has the most Bible knowledge!
- The Mother of Abominations - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) “Mystery Babylon” encompasses more than most people realize.
- 3. Organization: Necessary and Dangerous (Part 2); The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Parasitical organizations attached to the work of God is precisely what Jesus predicted.
- Our Heavenly Calling in Christ - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Our heavenly calling in Christ requires a balance of deeper and more accurate knowledge of exactly what God has done for and given to us accompanied by our diligent obedience and spiritually mature attentiveness to the responsibilities He has placed upon us.
- Our Threefold Enemy - Neil Girrard Those who would have us fight only the flesh leave us blind to our defenses against the demonic and the world and to the offensive weapons God has given us that we might obtain His objectives.
- Outside the Box - Neil Girrard In one short quote, J.B. Phillips put his finger squarely on the problems of modern churchianity.
- The Overcomers on the Resurrection Side of the Cross. The Call to Arms, and the Armour of Light.; The Warfare With Satan and the Way of Victory - Jesse Penn-Lewis How truly we need the eyes of the “understanding being filled with light” - the light from heaven - to apprehend, and to appropriate, this marvelous revelation of the grace of God to fallen sinners.
- Overcoming Through Perseverance; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Just because God meets us where we’re at does not mean that we’ve arrived.
- Paul’s Statement in 1 Tim. 4:1-2, the Only Specific One Showing the Cause of the Peril; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Paul’s specific warning is sufficient to show us where the danger comes from.
- 16. The Perils of the Preacher (Part 3); The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Even in saying that Satan doesn’t rest in devising pitfalls for “the ministry,” Tozer betrays the separation in his mind between “the ministry” and the rest of the people.
- The Promise of Eternal Life - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Juan Ponce de Leon’s pursuit of the fountain of youth in the 1500s is very comparable to modern “Christianity’s” ideas on how to gain eternal life.
- Reform Is Not an Option - Neil Girrard The “church” needs changed but will it submit to what is really needed?
- The Satanic Forces Described in Ephesians 6; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis This description of Satan’s forces gives us great insight into the strategies and wiles of the devil and demonic.
- The Scriptural Basis for “Warfare” Against the Powers of Darkness; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Praying “against” the powers of darkness is Scriptural, and in accord with truth, and attested facts of Christian experience.
- Seven / Twenty-One / Five-Twenty B.C. (Part 1); “Building the Temple” - Neil Girrard To build God’s building, requires obedience to the Spirit of God – and His strength.
- Shooting the Wounded - Neil Girrard Love practiced and plainly visible (and not just taught or talked about!) is the only way to preach the whole gospel of the kingdom of Christ.
- Sitting at the Master’s Feet - Neil Girrard Mary’s choice to sit at Jesus’ feet gives us a picture of how what is most important in the genuine Christian life.
- A Slippery Slope - Neil Girrard Like Francis Schaeffer's How Shall We Then Live?, Frank Viola's wonderful historical analysis in Pagan Christianity is tainted by the short-comings of the last chapter.
- Stand on God’s Side - Neil Girrard We must get rid of sin and pride and take our stand on God’s side.
- Triumphant Overcoming - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) If there is one word that has fallen from common usage in “Christian” circles, it would be the need to overcome.
- War and Responsibility - Neil Girrard The responsibilities of those who are at war.
- Whole Armor!; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer The whole armor of God, absolutely complete, without loopholes, compromises or crevices of any type, is God’s desire for His children in this evil day.
- Why Should I Care - Neil Girrard If the world is going to hell in a handbasket, why should I care?
- The Work of the Wilderness - Neil Girrard If God is leading us, why are we still in the wilderness?