And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent:
“Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,
“Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all everywhere should repent,
In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent.
Such [former] ages of ignorance God, it is true, ignored and allowed to pass unnoticed; but now He charges all people everywhere to repent (to change their minds for the better and heartily to amend their ways, with abhorrence of their past sins),
Now, therefore, the times of ignorance God having allowed to pass unnoticed, with reference to the present set of circumstances, He declares to men that everyone everywhere should be repenting,
Now while it is true that God has overlooked the days of ignorance He now commands all men everywhere to repent.
Though God overlooked those times of ignorance, He now commands all men everywhere to repent,
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- The American Blunders - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The Europeans have long congratulated themselves for discovering the souls basement and have long considered Americans as superficial and naïve for not having much soul - or basement! But Jesus and the Bible warned mankind of the dangers of the soul long before there ever was an America – or a Europe!
- Christ and His Kingdom - Abraham Varghese A brother’s exploration of what the Scriptures say about Christ and His kingdom.
- 4. The Christian Life in a United Church - Part 1; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard What would a unified ekklesia look like?
- 5. The Christian Life in a United Church - Part 2; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard We now return to the floor-tilting quotes we laid on the table in the previous section.
- A Division of Labor - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) In the work of God, there is a division of labor that has lain unseen for centuries, even millennia. What is it?
- 3. The Ecumenical Awakening - Part 2; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard If we can understand the reason the Reformers failed to enter into the unity of the Spirit of God, perhaps we can come to grips with why we, as Christ’s followers today, are still failing to enter into that unity.
- End-Time Message; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer Repent, repent, repent, for judgment is coming! Obviously there can be no other message.
- The Eternal Gospel - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Sometimes when we read the book of Revelation we can easily miss some detail or fail to grasp the profound significance of some sparsely described event – even about something as important as the eternal gospel of Christ.
- Faith Alone? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The entire “faith alone” concept is overly simplistic, unbalanced, skewed and distorted. What is the truth?
- False Gods - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format - Printable Tract (in Adobe/pdf format) ) The Greek world of Paul’s day faced the same sort of idolatry that is endangering so many in Africa’s ebola outbreak.
- Follow Me - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus makes it abundantly clear what it takes to gain eternal life.
- Friends of the King - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) When a king of a realm gives a command and it is disobeyed, the crime against the king is called treason and betrayal – and the penalty is almost certain to be death.
- God Rules - Or Does He?; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Some use the “sovereignty of God” as a reason to not be concerned about error, heresy and darkness as if these things were incapable of harming us in any way and it is very likely that this fuzzy mis-notion is the very point of access for the demonic into these people’s lives!
- God the Judge of All - Neil Girrard The New Testament clearly says that God is to be the Judge of all men – so why does the “church” teach exemption from judgment for their attendees? And just what are the standards by which we shall all be judged?
- God’s Part and Man’s; Paths to Power - A.W. Tozer - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Written in the 1950s, this article answers an error that has grown enormously popular in our day and shows us, if we can see, just how long the devil and the demonic have been sowing the seeds of the now popular hyper-grace error.
- The Gospel of the Kingdom Page - Neil Girrard The gospel of the kingdom is the message that there is a King, the Lord Jesus Christ, to whom every knee must bow.
- How to Be a Local Ekklesia: or, Where the House “Church” Movement Failed - Neil Girrard The house “church” failed to attain to the three core elements of true ekklesia and has, for the most part, already devolved into yet another hardened wineskin.
- The Inerrant Word of God - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Paul’s prophecy that many will turn their ears away from the truth and be turned aside to fables is being fulfilled in mainstream “Christianity” on such a widespread scale that it is all but impossible to conclude that this is the time of the apostasy.
- Introduction; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard The deceptive schemes of the devil are more effective than most realize.
- The Kingdom of God Is at Hand - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) With the proclamation that the kingdom of God was at hand, Jesus ushered in a new phase in the work of redemption that God had purposed before the creation of the world.
- The Mighty Antithesis: Sin and Grace - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A.W. Tozer encountered hyper-grace in the 1950s and demonstrated that any discussion of sin and grace is going to cover ground at least touched upon by the conflict between Pelagius and Augustine in the 5th century.
- Mighty in the Scriptures - Neil Girrard William Beck, a translator of the New Testament, called for men like Apollos who were mighty in the Scriptures. But will that really help us?
- One Hundred and Seven Theses - Steve Camp Christianity today is increasingly dominated by the spirit of this age rather than the Spirit of Christ. We call ourselves to repent of this sin and to recover the historic Christian faith in the arts again.
- Presenting the King - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Do you know what it means to have a King? Many people don’t.
- The Purpose of Parables - Neil Girrard Parables serve a much more precise purpose in the teachings of Jesus than most people realize.
- Same Old Story: Montanus vs. Ignatius of Antioch - Neil Girrard “Church” splits are almost as old as church history – and the first one reveals a lot of the errors we still practice today.
- Simplicity in Christ - Neil Girrard The simplicity that Christ calls us to walk in applies also, believe it or not, to how we are to assemble.
- Spectator Sport - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) In the face of the many multiplied thousands of “churches” proliferating around the world, the world grows swiftly darker and more evil. Are God’s methods actually ineffective and impotent?
- Spiritual Blindness - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Whether we look at Nicodemus or Eve or Cain or Saul or Elymas or ourselves, the sin nature is common to every man, woman and child.
- Spiritual Deception; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard The antithetical nature of God and riches raises the question of whether the gospel of the kingdom of God can be truly received by peoples of nations where wealth is the god that is sacrificially served, obeyed and worshiped.
- Stand on God’s Side - Neil Girrard We must get rid of sin and pride and take our stand on God’s side.
- Still Close at Hand - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The call to repent because the kingdom of God is close at hand is still sounding because man is still wicked and sinful.
- The Test of Obedience - Neil Girrard Our obedience to Christ’s commands is still a requirement to attain to eternal salvation.
- The Time of Lawlessness - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The one who does things he knows to be sinful or wrong is not the one the New Testament calls lawless.
- The Voice of God - Neil Girrard Hearing the voice of God has more to do with following Christ than most seem to realize.
- The Work of the Wilderness - Neil Girrard If God is leading us, why are we still in the wilderness?