But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds should be led astray from the simplicity that is in Christ.
But I am afraid, lest as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds should be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.
But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
But [now] I am fearful, lest that even as the serpent beguiled Eve by his cunning, so your minds may be corrupted and seduced from whole-hearted and sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
But I fear, lest by any means, as the snake deceived Eve in his craftiness, your minds should be corrupted from your simplicity [single-hearted loyalty] and purity [uprightness of life] which you express towards Christ.
I am afraid that your minds may be seduced from a single-hearted devotion to Him by the same subtle means that the serpent used towards Eve.
But I am apprehensive that, somehow or other, as the serpent by his cunning deceived Eve, your thoughts may be turned aside from single-hearted devotion to Christ.
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- The Basis of Unity - Neil Girrard The basis of our unity today is not to be found anywhere else but in Christ.
- Beware of the Visible - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) There are those who set great stock on “the signs that will follow” the believer - and they are indeed precious promises. But are they the whole counsel of God?
- The Bread of Life - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus said He was the bread of life. What did He mean by that?
- Completing the Revolution - Neil Girrard Andrew Strom’s statement of his withdrawal from the “Out-of-Church” movement (what George Barna calls “The Revolution”) advocates for yet another form of deception. Beware!
- Contrasts - Neil Girrard Goodness is often contrasted with spirituality but in reality they are far more deeply intertwined than this simple contrast would suggest.
- Demonics - Neil Girrard Can a Christian be demonized? Can a “pastor” be demonized? The answer might surprise you.
- A Different Jesus - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Every sect (denomination) and religious social club (“church”) has its own “Jesus.” How can this be?
- Doing the Will of God - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A study in the New Testament about the importance of doing the will of God.
- Ekkaleo - Ekkletoi - Ekklesia - Neil Girrard Becoming the ekklesia is a process - not an automatic guarantee just because we claim to be “a Christian.”
- Exploding the Myth of Christ’s Delegated Authority - Neil Girrard Christ gave His authority to men to lead other believers into a closer walk with Him – didn’t He?
- Follow Me - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus makes it abundantly clear what it takes to gain eternal life.
- Furthering the Kingdom - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Practical steps toward seeing the kingdom of God established among us.
- Hijacked! - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) We do not normally associate the term “hijacked” with the New Testament yet this is precisely what has happened and is happening.
- How to Be a Local Ekklesia: or, Where the House “Church” Movement Failed - Neil Girrard The house “church” failed to attain to the three core elements of true ekklesia and has, for the most part, already devolved into yet another hardened wineskin.
- Inside Out - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) By failing to preserve the unity of the Spirit we turn the gospel of Christ inside out.
- Introduction; The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard A.W. Tozer, an otherwise excellent, Scriturally-based and spiritual writer, still blindly held to the “church” paradigm that keeps people from being everything Christ intends them to be.
- The Keys of the Kingdom - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) With knowledge of the keys to the kingdom of God, one must certainly possess eternal life – right?
- Leadership and Unity – Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Leadership is more often the source of division that destroys our unity in Christ.
- Leaving “Church” Behind; To Follow Jesus in Spirit and Truth – Neil Girrard (also on Paidion Books Home Page) If you're seeing discrepancies and differences between the New Testament and “church” - and not just your “church” but “church” practices in general - you are not alone by any means.
- My Son, My Son; Twisted Scriptures - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The “spiritual fathering” teachers, from Paul and Peter calling Timothy, Titus, Onesimus and Mark their “sons,” have concocted a teaching that says that all men must have a “spiritual father” and any one who does not have one is an orphan who is destitute of any real place in the order and family of God. Is this the truth?
- 3. Organization: Necessary and Dangerous (Part 2); The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Parasitical organizations attached to the work of God is precisely what Jesus predicted.
- Our Heavenly Calling in Christ - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Our heavenly calling in Christ requires a balance of deeper and more accurate knowledge of exactly what God has done for and given to us accompanied by our diligent obedience and spiritually mature attentiveness to the responsibilities He has placed upon us.
- Out of “Church” - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Coming out of “church” is a lot more than just leaving the building and no longer sitting at the feet of the “man of God” behind his pulpit.
- Pleasing Men - Neil Girrard Few recognize just how subtle pleasing men can be – and how it keeps us from obeying God.
- Presenting the King - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Do you know what it means to have a King? Many people don’t.
- The Promise of Eternal Life - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Juan Ponce de Leon’s pursuit of the fountain of youth in the 1500s is very comparable to modern “Christianity’s” ideas on how to gain eternal life.
- Saints or Sinners - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) What is an individual after a genuine conversion? Why does it matter?
- Same Old Story: Montanus vs. Ignatius of Antioch - Neil Girrard “Church” splits are almost as old as church history – and the first one reveals a lot of the errors we still practice today.
- Satan the Deceiver Also of the Children of God; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Followers of Christ are not immune to Satan’s deceptions.
- Simplicity in Christ - Neil Girrard The simplicity that Christ calls us to walk in applies also, believe it or not, to how we are to assemble.
- Spiritual Blindness - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Whether we look at Nicodemus or Eve or Cain or Saul or Elymas or ourselves, the sin nature is common to every man, woman and child.
- Tags Come Second - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some people want to believe that “denominational tags” are permissible and harmless and even irrelevant. Really?
- The True Body of Christ - Neil Girrard Just what is the true body of Christ and in what manner does one go about seeking to find those that are like-minded?
- 2. The Vital Place of the Church; The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Tozer’s teachings exposes his own “church” paradigm and opens up the truth for us today.
- Walking With God; Through the Fire - David L. Williams This small booklet is a powerhouse and wealth of insight into spiritual warfare, “church” malfunctions and the deepening of our spiritual walk with God. A must read - and one to reread often! - for all who wish to go further on with and deeper into the Lord. Also available as a downloadable Word file which the author requests that you forward by email to anyone the Lord would have you do so. Walking With God; Through the Fire (Downloadable version)
- 6. The Way of Christ Is Still Narrow; The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Tozer, writing around 1960, gives testimony here of a quick but dramatic transformation in the practice of following Christ.
- We Are the Church - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many people who attend “church” at some building or institution claim to recognize this as a truth yet they do not recognize how many deceptions are built into this seemingly simple idea.