Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge].
meekness, self-control. Against such things as these there is no law.
tolerance and self-control – and no law exists against any of them.
gentleness, self-control. There is no law against such things.
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- The Adversary’s Resistance to the Liberation of His Captives, and How Souls Are Freed by the Power of the Cross.; The Warfare With Satan and the Way of Victory - Jesse Penn-Lewis The deliverance of Calvary which the Adversary most fears for the redeemed one to know draws the believer right out of his reach, into the hiding place in the crucified Lord, making way for the Christ Himself to possess the earthen vessel, and manifest His life and power.
- Anger; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer We tend to serve that which we spend the most time being conscious of.
- Basic Questions - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Two very basic questions that cast considerable doubt on much, if not nearly all, of modern religious Christianity.
- Bring Out Your Guns! – Romans 13:1; Twisted Scriptures - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The government has enlisted clergy to act as “clergy response teams” in times of emergency and martial law and their chief text in hand is Romans 13:1. Beware!
- Can a Narcissist be Saved? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) What will it take for a narcissist to be genuinely and spiritually born again?
- Christ In - Set Man Out! - Darryl Samuels & Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Is the “set man” principle still applicable to New Covenant believers today? This article may challenge some of our sincerest beliefs.
- Control - Neil Girrard John Taylor Gatto describes the educational system as “deliberately designed to produce mediocre intellects, to hamstring the inner life, to deny students appreciable leadership skills, and to ensure docile and incomplete citizens – all in order to render the populace ‘manageable.’” What does this mean for the follower in Christ?
- Counting Heads - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) One of the most obvious features of any particular “church” can be used to easily and immediately assess its character and quality and this requires no spiritual discernment whatsoever – so why isn’t this method used more often?
- The Course of Revelation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Those who completely reject revelation are in as great an error as are those who falsely claim to possess special revelation.
- A Different Jesus - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Every sect (denomination) and religious social club (“church”) has its own “Jesus.” How can this be?
- Doing Good; - Neil Girrard Evil is triumphing, say some, and good men must get busy. But is this really so?
- Done With “Church” - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Another significant segment of people are again abandoning the “church” – and this group has been labeled as “dones” and “called outs.”
- Double Mindedness - Neil Girrard We are all familiar with “a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways,” but just how deep does that instability go?
- Exploding the Myth of Christ’s Delegated Authority - Neil Girrard Christ gave His authority to men to lead other believers into a closer walk with Him – didn’t He?
- False Prophets - Neil Girrard Just what makes a false prophet false? The answer will surprise many people.
- First Fruits, Tithes and Offerings - Darryl Samuels - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A brother confronted with erroneous and false teachings about tithes and offerings, especially the “first fruits,” shares the results of his decision to research the Bible for himself.
- God’s Approval - Neil Girrard God’s approval on our life and on our work in His kingdom is no light and trivial matter.
- The Great Treasure - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) With great treasure comes great responsibility.
- Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau: Three of Satan’s Stooges - Neil Girrard The U.S. is little more than the acting out of the philosophies of Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau but most Americans don’t know what these philosophers said or why that might be important to them as followers of Christ.
- 7. The Illusion of Restorationism; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard In this chapter, Morrison exposes his personal bias against “restorationist groups.”
- 1. The Importance of Brokenness; The Release of the Spirit - Watchman Nee An important milestone in any believer’s life who wants to walk by the Spirit and not by the flesh.
- The Importance of Christ - Neil Girrard Christ is the King, the Absolute Monarch, over those who claim to be His – so why isn’t He obeyed?
- In But Not Of - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Being in this world but not of it is a standard that truly separates “the men from the boys.”
- In His Rest - Neil Girrard A Scriptural look at resting in God.
- Inevitable Conclusions - Neil Girrard Barry Goldwater’s 1964 acceptance speech contains a fabulous glimpse into the overarching motivation that drives the conservative movement in America.
- The Kingdom of God Is at Hand - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) With the proclamation that the kingdom of God was at hand, Jesus ushered in a new phase in the work of redemption that God had purposed before the creation of the world.
- The Last Enemy - Neil Girrard The people of Christ are engaged in a life or death struggle – but few seem to know which one is which.
- Maturing in Christ: Advice to New - and Old - Believers - Neil Girrard The path to spiritual maturity is not just a walk up an aisle or even an overnight journey. There are many things we need to observe in our spiritual journey toward God to be certain we don’t get off the path that leads to life.
- The Message of the Kingdom - Neil Girrard Everyone knows the parable of the sower and the seed – so what really does the seed represent?
- Narcissism: A Spiritual Perspective - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Sam Vaknin’s picture of the false self of narcissism presents good insights as well as exposes the schemes of the demonic to separate the narcissist away from Christ.
- The “Natural” Versus the “Spiritual” Man; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis At first the regenerated man is but a “babe” in Christ until he apprehends the need of a fuller reception of the Holy Spirit to dwell in the regenerated spirit as His sanctuary.
- 4. Not of the Body; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard By what standard can we know whether or not someone truly belongs to Christ?
- One Jacked “Jesus” - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Lawless rebels have created a “Jesus” who condones, encourages and enables their neurotic, carnal, sinful and wicked lifestyles, those ways of living that make both individuals and people groups ripe for strong judgment.
- One Spirit - Neil Girrard There is only one Spirit of God - or is there? The answer to this question brings forth a surprising answer from the Scriptures and from God.
- A Part of Christ - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The people who are “the Church,” are part of Christ, right?
- Passivity Occasioned by Wrong Interpretations of the Truth of “Death”; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis The condition of passivity may come about by wrong interpretations of truth, even the truth of “death with Christ.”
- The Pillar of Truth - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) We, the people of Christ, are to stand for and uphold God’s absolute standards of truth.
- The Power of “Church” Deception - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Those ensnared in obvious sin are more likely to attain to liberty than those ensnared by “church” deceptions because so few recognize how unScriptural the “church” has become.
- Presenting the King - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Do you know what it means to have a King? Many people don’t.
- Saints or Sinners - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) What is an individual after a genuine conversion? Why does it matter?
- Separate - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) One can believe in all the “essential doctrines” of Christianity but if one speaks out against the ills and evils of “church” and organized, institutional “Christian” religion, then that one simply cannot possibly be a brother in Christ. What?
- Sound Doctrine; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Scripture tells us exactly what “sound doctrine” and it is relevant to all people who name the name of Christ.
- Spiritual Deception; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard The antithetical nature of God and riches raises the question of whether the gospel of the kingdom of God can be truly received by peoples of nations where wealth is the god that is sacrificially served, obeyed and worshiped.
- Spiritual Fruit; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard For every fruit of the Spirit of God, there is a counterfeit or alternative fruit of the spirit of mammon.
- Still Close at Hand - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The call to repent because the kingdom of God is close at hand is still sounding because man is still wicked and sinful.
- The Test of Loyalty - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) How God uses the “church” to test the loyalty of those who claim to be His.
- Tolerance or Unity; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard The ruler of displacing Christ works extremely hard to get us to relate to one another by any means other than the Spirit of Christ.
- Triumphant Overcoming - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) If there is one word that has fallen from common usage in “Christian” circles, it would be the need to overcome.
- The True Body of Christ - Neil Girrard Just what is the true body of Christ and in what manner does one go about seeking to find those that are like-minded?
- The Two Step Gospel - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus’ picture of the wide and narrow gates and paths provides us with insight into what is perhaps the devil’s most pernicious deception, a deception which comes directly from the doctrines of eternal salvation.
- Unity Is Not Optional - Neil Girrard The words used in the New Testament that speak of the unity of the body of Christ are infrequent and precise – and they are a necessity.
- 4. The Wasp and the Church Member (Part 1); The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Tozer asks great questions! But if anyone else were to ask them, the most likely response will be “Oh, he’s just bitter – he’s been hurt!”
- What Did You Go Out To See? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Those who have exited the “church” and entered into some form of the “wilderness” experience need to reconsider this question.
- Whose Side Are We On? - Neil Girrard ) - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Everyone who is of the truth hears Jesus’ voice. Did He mean it? Did He lie? Was He mistaken?
- Whose Slave Are You? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) It is an inescapable fact that we are the slave of whomever we choose to obey – and our only two choices are sin or God.
- Why Do We Meet - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The modern “church” is so confused that few, if any, seem to remember or even know what the mission of the genuine ekklesia is.
- Why Should I Care - Neil Girrard If the world is going to hell in a handbasket, why should I care?
- Wolves: How to Spot a False Shepherd - Neil Girrard Wolves and hirelings are much more prevalent than most imagine - just visit the local “church” or turn on your TV!
- Your God Is Too Small: A Review - Neil Girrard J.B. Phillips’ book, Your God Is Too Small, is an excellent, well thought-out description of the various false gods and pseudo-“Gods” worshiped (or at least nominally followed) at most “churches” and a rational perspective of Christ and God that will well serve any genuine follower of Christ in these days of apostasy and rampant deception.