And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
“And they overcome him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even to death.
They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.
And they overcame (conquered) him by means of the blood of the Lamb and by the utterance of their testimony, for they did not love and cling to life even when faced with death [holding their lives cheap till they had to die for their witnessing].
And they themselves gained the victory over him through the blood of the Lamb and through the word of their testimony. And they did not love their lives precious, and thus come to love them, to the extent of death [they were willing to die a martyr’s death].
Now they have conquered him through the blood of the Lamb, and through the Word to which they bore witness. They did not cherish life even in the face of death!
But they have conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the message to which they bore testimony, because they did not cling to life but courted death.
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- The Adversary and His Origin: His Names: His Kingdom: His Organized Government, and His Religion; The Warfare With Satan and the Way of Victory - Jesse Penn-Lewis Before we can apprehend the meaning of the urgent call to overcome, sent to His people by the Risen Lord through His Apostle John, it is necessary that we should unveil the Prince of darkness and his kingdom.
- All In for Jesus - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus said, “Whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.” Was He kidding or did He mean it?
- The Angels’ Ministration of War for the Saints; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis How much prayer has to do with the setting in motion the hosts of light against the hosts of evil we do not fully know.
- Beware of the Visible - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) There are those who set great stock on “the signs that will follow” the believer - and they are indeed precious promises. But are they the whole counsel of God?
- The Blood of the Martyrs Bible Bullet: Revelation 12:11 - Neil Girrard Is God surprised or caught off guard by the political shift of power that has come upon this country?
- Bring Out Your Guns! – Romans 13:1; Twisted Scriptures - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The government has enlisted clergy to act as “clergy response teams” in times of emergency and martial law and their chief text in hand is Romans 13:1. Beware!
- A Call to Arms - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) So how does a true believer participate in the ages-old war between God and Satan?
- Come! - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) If ever we needed to see in a text who is speaking, who is being spoken to and what is being said, this portion of the Revelation would stand as one of the more paramount passages for our day.
- Common Usage - Neil Girrard Sometimes it benefits us to read a familiar passage in the Greek because we, without ever realizing it, have often experienced a subtle shift in meaning simply because the New Testament we read is in English.
- The Danger of a Wrong Kind of “Fight”; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Fighting by force, or resistance, must therefore always have at the back of it the volitional attitude of refusal.
- A Defeated Devil - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many who claim to follow Christ hold to the idea of a defeated devil, ridiculing his schemes and devices as just the foolish floppings of a “toothless old tiger” too stupid and inept to be of any harm or threat to their eternal security in Christ. But is this an accurate portrayal?
- Destroying the Lies - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) When God showed John that Jesus intended to destroy the works of the devil, He meant it. We do well to believe it.
- False Religion; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard The most successful and dangerous of Satan’s “propaganda ministry” is the spirit of false religion.
- The Final Reformation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) It is believed by some that we are standing at the front of the “last reformation.” What’s that all about?
- A Game of Words - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Words are the transportation device of the enemy of our souls and most Christians don’t know how successful he’s been at robbing us of our heritage in Christ.
- The Greatest Dangers to The Final Reformation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) If we believe “the last reformation” is truly a genuine move of God, what are the greatest dangers facing such a movement?
- Have a Mind to Suffer; The Character of God’s Workman - Watchman Nee All who serve God need to have a mind to suffer.
- Hijacked! - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) We do not normally associate the term “hijacked” with the New Testament yet this is precisely what has happened and is happening.
- An Historical Indictment - Neil Girrard A quote from Alexis de Tocqueville points to the truth about the United States as a “Christian” nation.
- How Jesus Dealt With Each Type; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Anybody - even Satan or anyone under the sway of the demonic - can quote Scripture at you.
- The Importance of Christ - Neil Girrard Christ is the King, the Absolute Monarch, over those who claim to be His – so why isn’t He obeyed?
- In Search of an Answer - Neil Girrard A look at our options in facing the future as it is likely to be here in America.
- Inevitable Conclusions - Neil Girrard Barry Goldwater’s 1964 acceptance speech contains a fabulous glimpse into the overarching motivation that drives the conservative movement in America.
- 1. Introduction; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard Charles Clayton Morrison’s excellent analysis is offset by some presupposed flaws – but the truth is there for those who have eyes to see.
- Juxtaposition - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Why are so many leaving “organized expressions of Christian religion”?
- The Last Enemy - Neil Girrard The people of Christ are engaged in a life or death struggle – but few seem to know which one is which.
- Mistaken Conception About the Shelter of the Blood; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Some misinterpretations of truth which are giving ground to the powers of darkness at this time, and which need examination to discover how far they are in accordance with Scripture.
- Only One Question - Neil Girrard In any corporate gatherings of people who follow Christ there is only one question we need to answer. What is it?
- Other Aspects of the Prayer Warfare; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis There are many aspects of the war by prayer against the powers of darkness.
- Our Threefold Enemy - Neil Girrard Those who would have us fight only the flesh leave us blind to our defenses against the demonic and the world and to the offensive weapons God has given us that we might obtain His objectives.
- The Overcomers on the Resurrection Side of the Cross. The Call to Arms, and the Armour of Light.; The Warfare With Satan and the Way of Victory - Jesse Penn-Lewis How truly we need the eyes of the “understanding being filled with light” - the light from heaven - to apprehend, and to appropriate, this marvelous revelation of the grace of God to fallen sinners.
- A Picture of the Kingdom - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) When Jesus was transfigured on the mountain, He showed His glory to His disciples – and left us a detailed “snapshot” of what His kingdom would be like after His death and before His return.
- Satan’s Scriptural Strategies - Neil Girrard Satan’s strategies to oppose, cripple and even destroy the people of Christ are taken straight from the pages of Scripture.
- 5. Sin - the Work of the Flesh; The Sons of the Devil - Neil Girrard The works of the flesh are evident – and abounding – and they keep us out of God’s kingdom!
- Spectrums: “Church” or Ekklesia - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any individual, whether the worst kind of evil villain or the best kind of saint or hero, is a combination of both good and bad characteristics – so why are led to believe that an assembly, which is made up of many individuals, must be either merely “good” or “bad” and not some mixture of both?
- A Thing of Bronze - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The bronze serpent Moses raised in the wilderness some 3500 years ago holds more implications for us today than most realize.
- Triumphant Overcoming - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) If there is one word that has fallen from common usage in “Christian” circles, it would be the need to overcome.
- We Are the Church - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many people who attend “church” at some building or institution claim to recognize this as a truth yet they do not recognize how many deceptions are built into this seemingly simple idea.
- Why Not One? - Neil Girrard Why has Christ’s High Priestly prayer that we would all be “one” remained unanswered?
- The Wiles of the Devil - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any soldier intending to survive the day’s battle needs to know what weapons his enemy is using and how to counter those weapons.
- Wrestling and What It Means; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis It is only possible to wrestle against the powers of darkness, by the spirit.