The Gospel transcends our culture - though many “Christians” seem unable to recognize this truth. Unless our message calls our culture and society to account, we have a “different gospel.”
All articles are formatted as simply as possible and should print directly from your web browser.
- 5. American Independence vs. Body Interdependence; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard Perhaps the worst influence that American independence has had on the spiritual understanding of believers is found in the usual interpretation given to Paul’s words to the Thessalonians.
- Conclusion; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard There is no single, one-word, bottom-line answer to the issue of poverty in the Body of Christ but, in closing the discussion, there are several words that should be considered.
- Control - Neil Girrard John Taylor Gatto describes the educational system as “deliberately designed to produce mediocre intellects, to hamstring the inner life, to deny students appreciable leadership skills, and to ensure docile and incomplete citizens – all in order to render the populace ‘manageable.’” What does this mean for the follower in Christ?
- Culture - Neil Girrard What is “culture” and what does it have to do with our life in Christ? Much more than most people think.
- 2. Dealing With the Impoverished; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard How we view the “poor” affects how we interact with them.
- The Desire To Be Rich Bible Bullet: 1 Timothy 6:9 - Neil Girrard Seeking to be wealthy is still a trap that spiritually destroys lives – and many are deceived into thinking they are not trapped.
- 6. Do What They Need; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard Something which should be obvious (but often isn’t) is that vicarious giving (charity, random acts of kindness, etc.) has robbed us of our need and responsibility to give to the poor what they need.
- Doing Good; - Neil Girrard Evil is triumphing, say some, and good men must get busy. But is this really so?
- Entertaining Dangers - Neil Girrard Are we entertaining ourselves into danger, perhaps even into hell itself?
- Entertainment Revisited - Neil Girrard A second look at what entertainment does for us.
- Epilogue; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard Those Calebs and Joshuas - who must stand by and watch as their contemporaries and elders wither away and die - will someday see the taking of the land.
- God-Given Assets - Neil Girrard Seekers of financial freedom very often use other people for their own gain and then speak openly of their “God-given assets.”
- 7. Going to the Source; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard God sees things as they truly are - light or dark, truth or error, spirit or flesh, life or death, love or selfishness. One reason He has no trouble distinguishing between these things is that He is the one and He is not the other.
- In Search of an Answer - Neil Girrard A look at our options in facing the future as it is likely to be here in America.
- The Industrial Revolution Bible Bullet: Matthew 6:24 - Neil Girrard The Industrial Revolution changed the way men pursued wealth but did nothing to alter God’s standards.
- Inoculated - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many Americans are unreached by the gospel because they have been inoculated against it, most often at some “church.”
- Introduction; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard You can’t fully understand poverty until you’ve been there.
- The King’s Return - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) When the King returns, what will He expect us to have done for Him?
- The Lord's Work and Way - Neil Girrard What will the Lord provide when He wants to restore a right relationship between the rich and the poor of His people?
- 3. More Than Words; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard Let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
- 1. Neglecting the Poor; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard God is wanting us to change the way we deal with the poor.
- No Place for the Poor - Neil Girrard Wealth and poverty and work are not the simple matters many people believe them to be.
- 4. Not of the Body; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard By what standard can we know whether or not someone truly belongs to Christ?
- Poverty - Neil Girrard Despite what anyone tells you, it is not illegal, immoral or unethical to be poor.
- Prologue; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard The story of Caleb offers us more than you might think.
- Treasures - Neil Girrard Do we really know what our treasures really are?
- Vicarious Love - Neil Girrard A look at God’s intention that our love for the needy should be personal.
- Wealth: Blessing, Curse or Test? - Neil Girrard A Scriptural look at whether wealth is a blessing, a curse or simply a test from God.
I’d love to hear comments and/or questions from you! Email me!
God bless you.