Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
“Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
“For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it.
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
But the gate is narrow (contracted by pressure) and the way is straitened and compressed that leads away to life, and few are those who find it.
Because narrow is the gate and compressed is the road, the one which leads away into the life, and few there are who are finding it.
The narrow gate and the hard road lead out into life and only a few are finding it.
But narrow is the gate and hard is the road that leads to life, and few are they that find it.
Because 3754 strait 4728 is the 3588 gate, 4439 and 2532 narrow 2346 is the 3588 way, 3598 which 3588 leadeth 520 unto 1519 life, 2222 and 2532 few 3641 there be 1526 that find 2147 it. 846
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- The Angels’ Footpath: A Review - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Let the reader beware! This other-wise very well written piece of futuristic fiction, as gripping as its drama may be and as realistic as its scenarios may well prove to be, is a departure from “the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.”
- Better Off - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Socialism and capitalism both claim to seek to make people “better off” – but what does this imply for the disciple of Christ?
- Beyond Expectation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus’ entire ministry could be described as little more than a series of incidents designed to confront the hidden false expectations everyone had of Him.
- Buy From Me - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus commanded the Laodiceans to buy something from Him. What was it and why is it important?
- Christ In - Set Man Out! - Darryl Samuels & Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Is the “set man” principle still applicable to New Covenant believers today? This article may challenge some of our sincerest beliefs.
- Counting Heads - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) One of the most obvious features of any particular “church” can be used to easily and immediately assess its character and quality and this requires no spiritual discernment whatsoever – so why isn’t this method used more often?
- Evil; America: The Big Picture - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) What is evil? When is evil a national threat? When is evil a global threat?
- Fables - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Paul warned us that the time would come when believers would be turned aside to fables. What did he have in mind?
- The Father’s Business - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) As sons of God we need to be about our Father’s business – but what is that?
- The Final Reformation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) It is believed by some that we are standing at the front of the “last reformation.” What’s that all about?
- Follow Me - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus makes it abundantly clear what it takes to gain eternal life.
- Following the Lamb - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Following Christ is more than just obeying the commands of Christ.
- Friends of the King - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) When a king of a realm gives a command and it is disobeyed, the crime against the king is called treason and betrayal – and the penalty is almost certain to be death.
- From “Once Upon a Time...” to “Happily Ever After”? - Neil Girrard A discussion of the “once saved, always saved” theory.
- Gaining True Spiritual Maturity - Neil Girrard When we try to gain spiritual maturity by our own efforts, we usually make things worse, not better – why is that?
- Genuine Christians - Neil Girrard When Paul confronted the Judaizers, he also left us a perfect description of genuine believers in Christ.
- How Much Disobedience? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) How much disobedience can we practice and still be saved?
- I Will Be Your Father - Darryl Samuels - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) God is by nature a Father and He wants a family but there are many deceptions that are designed to get us to forsake Him as our only true Father.
- In the Way - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The parable of the wheat and the tares holds a unique place in the New Testament.
- Kingdom Now? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Is the kingdom of God something we need to be concerned about today?
- The Many Rs of the Final Reformation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) In order to grasp the entirety of God’s movement of the last days requires more than the simple label “the final reformation.”
- The Mighty Antithesis: Sin and Grace - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A.W. Tozer encountered hyper-grace in the 1950s and demonstrated that any discussion of sin and grace is going to cover ground at least touched upon by the conflict between Pelagius and Augustine in the 5th century.
- A Mystery Revealed - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) New Testament “mysteries” present special dangers to those who would follow Christ. What are these dangers?
- The Narrow Road; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard If we would remain on the narrow road that leads to life, we must love our brothers in Christ.
- No Greater Conceit - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) There is perhaps no greater or more dangerous, conceit than the notion that Christ died for me unless it is the conceit that says “my way” is acceptable to God.
- THE NON-CONFRONTABLE CHRISTIAN: IS IT YOU? - David L. Williams It is easy to forget we also owe repentance, an apologetic acknowledgment of a wrong we are responsible for, to people we offend.
- One Hundred and Seven Theses - Steve Camp Christianity today is increasingly dominated by the spirit of this age rather than the Spirit of Christ. We call ourselves to repent of this sin and to recover the historic Christian faith in the arts again.
- One Jacked “Jesus” - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Lawless rebels have created a “Jesus” who condones, encourages and enables their neurotic, carnal, sinful and wicked lifestyles, those ways of living that make both individuals and people groups ripe for strong judgment.
- Our Heavenly Calling in Christ - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Our heavenly calling in Christ requires a balance of deeper and more accurate knowledge of exactly what God has done for and given to us accompanied by our diligent obedience and spiritually mature attentiveness to the responsibilities He has placed upon us.
- Pressing Into the Kingdom - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The kingdom of God differs from the law and the prophets – why is that important?
- Provision, Power and Presumption - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The temptations of Christ are more intricately intertwined in the life of the genuine believer than we are normally taught at “church.”
- The Purpose of America - Neil Girrard Who said America can’t be found in the end-times prophecies? And who said God invented democracy?
- The Right and Only Way - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Is there such a thing as the right and only way – what is it?
- The Right Answer - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) How we answer the question “Who do you say that I am?” effects everything about how we will go about practicing the way of following Christ.
- Satan’s Scriptural Strategies - Neil Girrard Satan’s strategies to oppose, cripple and even destroy the people of Christ are taken straight from the pages of Scripture.
- Spectrums: “Church” or Ekklesia - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any individual, whether the worst kind of evil villain or the best kind of saint or hero, is a combination of both good and bad characteristics – so why are led to believe that an assembly, which is made up of many individuals, must be either merely “good” or “bad” and not some mixture of both?
- SPIRITUAL AGREEMENTS (AND THEIR CONSEQUENCES) - David L. Williams Sooner or later, Christianity must come to a deeper realization that each believer is in an invisible war.
- Spiritual But Not Religious - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) SBNR is a popular label among “emergent” generations. What does this label really mean?
- Tags Come Second - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some people want to believe that “denominational tags” are permissible and harmless and even irrelevant. Really?
- The True Body of Christ - Neil Girrard Just what is the true body of Christ and in what manner does one go about seeking to find those that are like-minded?
- The Two Step Gospel - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus’ picture of the wide and narrow gates and paths provides us with insight into what is perhaps the devil’s most pernicious deception, a deception which comes directly from the doctrines of eternal salvation.
- Unanimity - Neil Girrard God has been waiting for and working His people toward finally being content to sit back and stop trying to build anything for God.
- Uncircumcised in Heart; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer The house of the Lord has been divided spiritually - one part unconverted and one part converted. This is not visible to the natural eye, however it is so, nonetheless.
- 4. The Wasp and the Church Member (Part 1); The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Tozer asks great questions! But if anyone else were to ask them, the most likely response will be “Oh, he’s just bitter – he’s been hurt!”
- What About Those Lost Millions? - Neil Girrard Exposing some of the fallacies which keep people from coming to Christ.
- Where Should I Go To Church? - Neil Girrard This important - but ignorant - question deserves to be answered.
- Who Do You Say That I AM? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Asking the right question – and even giving the “right answer” – does not mean we have the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
- Whose Kingdom Is It Anyway? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Perhaps the most accurate, over-arching view of the intricate workings of the kingdom of God ever given to men was that given to Ezekiel.