And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
“And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
“And this is the judgment, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their deeds were evil.
This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
The [basis of the] judgment (indictment, the test by which men are judged, the ground for the sentence) lies in this: the Light has come into the world, and people have loved the darkness rather than and more than the Light, for their works (deeds) were evil.
And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the universe and is here, and men loved rather the darkness than the light, for their works were pernicious.
This is the judgment – that light has entered the world and men have preferred darkness to light because their deeds were evil.
And the ground for the sentence is this, that the light has come into the world, and yet, because their actions were evil, men have loved darkness more than the light.
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- An Acceptable Truth - Neil Girrard Many people won’t accept what the Bible says because they often have “difficulty” believing that the translators “got it right” or that what is written in today’s Bible is truly what the original authors actually penned.
- Against the Night; The “Church” Paradigm (a la Colson); Neil Girrard Chuck Colson’s excellent spiritual and political analysis of a decade ago are marred by his own presupposed paradigms.
- But the Building Is Just a Tool - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A Scriptural look at the deceptive practice of “church” buildings.
- Demonics - Neil Girrard Can a Christian be demonized? Can a “pastor” be demonized? The answer might surprise you.
- Doing the Will of God - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A study in the New Testament about the importance of doing the will of God.
- Experience Required - Neil Girrard Can we really know God apart from our experience?
- Fearing Man; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard This ruler’s work lies in the realm of getting us to fear (respectfully obey) man rather than God, that is, obey any man or follow any tradition, philosophy or teaching of man rather than obey God.
- Finish the Reformation! - Neil Girrard Finishing the Reformation truly and simply means that we must all press on to the maturity that is found only in Christ.
- The Gates of Hades; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Is there absolutely no way the demonic schemes against us can ultimately succeed?
- In His Rest - Neil Girrard A Scriptural look at resting in God.
- Kingdom Now? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Is the kingdom of God something we need to be concerned about today?
- The Kingdom of God Is at Hand - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) With the proclamation that the kingdom of God was at hand, Jesus ushered in a new phase in the work of redemption that God had purposed before the creation of the world.
- The Promise of Eternal Life - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Juan Ponce de Leon’s pursuit of the fountain of youth in the 1500s is very comparable to modern “Christianity’s” ideas on how to gain eternal life.
- Same Sin, Different Day - Neil Girrard A Scriptural look at the sin of gossip.
- Seven / Twenty-One / Five-Twenty B.C. (Part 2); “Building the Temple” - Neil Girrard God is building a building capable of withstanding the shaking that He will bring forth in the end times.
- Spiritual Blindness - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Whether we look at Nicodemus or Eve or Cain or Saul or Elymas or ourselves, the sin nature is common to every man, woman and child.
- Still Close at Hand - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The call to repent because the kingdom of God is close at hand is still sounding because man is still wicked and sinful.
- 8. Surmounting Three Major Obstacles; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard Morrison again looks ahead to “a united church,” offering his ideas (compiled in the late 1940s) as to how to overcome what he saw as three major obstacles to “ecumenical unity.”
- Teachers - Neil Girrard Teachers are a part of the body of Christ - and a prominent part of the apostasy. So which is which?
- Three Lies - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Three lies currently in vogue in various “Christian” circles, at first, seem to be unrelated to one another but in reality share very similar roots.
- The Time of Lawlessness - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The one who does things he knows to be sinful or wrong is not the one the New Testament calls lawless.
- True Words - Neil Girrard Modern New Testament prophets - if there really is such a thing – must speak only “edification and exhortation and comfort to men.” Right?
- 8. We Must Be Still to Know; The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard If the people who have read Tozer – and a lot of “pastors” and religious leaders have read his writings – would have simply heeded this message, the landscape of Christianity might be vastly different than it is now.
- We’ve Missed It; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer The real life of Jesus for us as individual Christians in this end-time battle has been badly distorted by us Christians.
- 2. Your Father the Devil; The Sons of the Devil - Neil Girrard Anyone who is a tool in the hands of Satan for any kind of divisiveness and destruction or who imitates the arrogance and rebellious nature of Satan is simply a son of Satan, a tare among the wheat.