Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.
Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eyes on those who cause divisions and hindrances contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and turn away from them.
I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.
I appeal to you, brethren, to be on your guard concerning those who create dissensions and difficulties and cause divisions, in opposition to the doctrine (the teaching) which you have been taught. [I warn you to turn aside from them, to] avoid them.
Now, I beg of you, please, brethren, be keeping a watchful eye ever open for those who are causing the divisions and the scandals which are contrary to the teaching that you learned, and be turning away from them.
And now I implore you, my brothers, to keep a watchful eye on those who cause trouble and make difficulties among you, in plain opposition to the teaching you have been given, and steer clear of them.
But I beg you, brothers, to keep on the lookout for those who stir up divisions and put hindrances in your way, in opposition to the instruction that you had, and always avoid them.
Now 1161 I beseech 3870 you, 5209 brethren, 80 mark 4648 them which cause 4160 divisions 1370 and 2532 offences 4625 contrary 3844 to the 3588 doctrine 1322 which 3739 ye 5210 have learned; 3129 and 2532 avoid 1578 - 575 them. 846
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- Almost There: The “Church” Paradigm (a la Wilkerson) - Neil Girrard A comparison of messages from David Wilkerson and Watchman Nee reveals some important truths for the body of Christ today.
- Basic Questions - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Two very basic questions that cast considerable doubt on much, if not nearly all, of modern religious Christianity.
- The Book - Neil Girrard A look at what the Bible is - and is not - for.
- 6. The Children of God; The Sons of the Devil - Neil Girrard We have become so jaded in our reading of the Scriptures that we miss the obvious things it says.
- Church Home - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Modern Christianity tells us we need a “church home.” What is a “church home”? Do we really need one?
- Come Out From Among Them - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Why, at the end of His explanation of the parable of the wheat and the tares, did Jesus say, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear”?
- The Course of Revelation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Those who completely reject revelation are in as great an error as are those who falsely claim to possess special revelation.
- Dealing With a Sinning Brother - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Perhaps the most needed - and perhaps the most absent - aspect of Christian living today is knowing just how to deal with a brother’s sin.
- 2. The Ecumenical Awakening - Part 1; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard The ecumenical movement, particularly in some of its earlier moments, was built on noble aspirations and motives.
- From the Word – Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Apologetics is a good thing, right?
- Gaining True Spiritual Maturity - Neil Girrard When we try to gain spiritual maturity by our own efforts, we usually make things worse, not better – why is that?
- The Gates of Hades; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Is there absolutely no way the demonic schemes against us can ultimately succeed?
- An Historical Indictment - Neil Girrard A quote from Alexis de Tocqueville points to the truth about the United States as a “Christian” nation.
- An Historical Indictment; America: The Big Picture - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A quote from Alexis de Tocqueville points to the truth about the United States as a “Christian” nation.
- If I Were the Devil - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) If you were the devil, what would you do to defeat God’s judgment and purpose against you and show that you are like the Most High?
- 7. The Illusion of Restorationism; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard In this chapter, Morrison exposes his personal bias against “restorationist groups.”
- In the Way - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The parable of the wheat and the tares holds a unique place in the New Testament.
- Inoculated - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many Americans are unreached by the gospel because they have been inoculated against it, most often at some “church.”
- Knowledge and Truth - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Knowledge can be a useful tool or a destructive weapon. How do we know what we have?
- 9. Loyalty and Freedom in a United Church; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard Morrison was a man of depth - but he also demonstrated a spiritual schizophrenia.
- Pastors - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) What is a pastor? Why is the “pastor” so central to “church”?
- The Promise of Eternal Life - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Juan Ponce de Leon’s pursuit of the fountain of youth in the 1500s is very comparable to modern “Christianity’s” ideas on how to gain eternal life.
- 5. Sin - the Work of the Flesh; The Sons of the Devil - Neil Girrard The works of the flesh are evident – and abounding – and they keep us out of God’s kingdom!
- Spectrums: “Church” or Ekklesia - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any individual, whether the worst kind of evil villain or the best kind of saint or hero, is a combination of both good and bad characteristics – so why are led to believe that an assembly, which is made up of many individuals, must be either merely “good” or “bad” and not some mixture of both?
- The Spirit of Religion or the Spirit of Truth? The Devil’s Counter-Offensive - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) How can you address a complex issue with simplicity?
- Spiritual Tyrants: How To Spot a Nicolaitan – Neil Girrard Nicolaitanism is perhaps the most pervasive error that plagues the “church” - from the mega-“church” to the house “church.” Some practical signposts point it out when we see it.
- Teachers - Neil Girrard Teachers are a part of the body of Christ - and a prominent part of the apostasy. So which is which?
- Told to Go: Or, Riding the Wrong Horse - Neil Girrard Most “Christians” turn a deaf ear to God’s command to “Come out” because it would require leaving the comfort zone of the “church” and comfortable “church” society circles.
- 2. The Vital Place of the Church; The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Tozer’s teachings exposes his own “church” paradigm and opens up the truth for us today.
- What God Is Really Saying Now - Neil Girrard What are God’s priorities for His remnant today?
- Why We Gather - Neil Girrard Why we first went to “church” is as important a question to answer as is why we left it.
- The Worst Enemy - Neil Girrard Why the institutional “church” is the worst enemy of the body of Christ.
- 2. Your Father the Devil; The Sons of the Devil - Neil Girrard Anyone who is a tool in the hands of Satan for any kind of divisiveness and destruction or who imitates the arrogance and rebellious nature of Satan is simply a son of Satan, a tare among the wheat.