Neither as being lords over God’s heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock;
nor yet as lording over those allotted (the allotments) to your charge, but proving to be (becoming) examples to the flock.
not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.
Not domineering [as arrogant, dictatorial, and overbearing persons] over those in your charge, but being examples (patterns and models of Christian living) to the flock (the congregation).
nor yet as lording it in a high-handed manner over the portions of the flock assigned to you, but as becoming patterns for the flock.
You should aim not at being dictators but examples of Christian living in the eyes of the flock committed to your charge.
and not as domineering over those in your charge but proving yourselves models for the flock to imitate;
Neither 3366 as 5613 being lords over 2634 God's heritage, 2819 but 235 being 1096 ensamples 5179 to the 3588 flock. 4168
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- Better Off - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Socialism and capitalism both claim to seek to make people “better off” – but what does this imply for the disciple of Christ?
- Christ In - Set Man Out! - Darryl Samuels & Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Is the “set man” principle still applicable to New Covenant believers today? This article may challenge some of our sincerest beliefs.
- “Church” Trauma - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) “Church trauma” - wounds immaculately perpetrated on the victims by no one - are only evidence that something is very, very wrong with the way “church” is routinely conducted.
- Common Usage - Neil Girrard Sometimes it benefits us to read a familiar passage in the Greek because we, without ever realizing it, have often experienced a subtle shift in meaning simply because the New Testament we read is in English.
- Covering; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer We would as Christians rather learn from other Christians than to search the Scripture for truth for ourselves.
- Credulous: A Review - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Andrea Lingle’s book provides a real grappling with real-life problems all throughout the book and deposits very few detractions from a frank, refreshingly objective examination of the author’s spiritual journey through the minefield of “church.”
- Destroying the Lies - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) When God showed John that Jesus intended to destroy the works of the devil, He meant it. We do well to believe it.
- Displacing Christ; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard To get away from preconceptions as to who and what the spirit of antichrist is, it may be helpful to call him the ruler of displacing Christ.
- 3. The Elders Appointed by the Apostles; The Normal Christian Church Life - Watchman Nee When the apostles themselves could not remain with the new believers to shepherd them and to bear the responsibility of the work locally, how then were the new converts cared for, and how was the work carried on?
- Exploding the Myth of Christ’s Delegated Authority - Neil Girrard Christ gave His authority to men to lead other believers into a closer walk with Him – didn’t He?
- First Fruits, Tithes and Offerings - Darryl Samuels - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A brother confronted with erroneous and false teachings about tithes and offerings, especially the “first fruits,” shares the results of his decision to research the Bible for himself.
- A Game of Words - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Words are the transportation device of the enemy of our souls and most Christians don’t know how successful he’s been at robbing us of our heritage in Christ.
- Leadership and Unity – Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Leadership is more often the source of division that destroys our unity in Christ.
- The Matrix and Captain Marvel; America: The Big Picture - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) These two movies incredibly provide modern parables of ancient truths.
- Meeting - Neil Girrard We’ve spotted the “church” building, the “pastor” and even the “liturgy” – but what about our “meetings”?
- The Mother of Abominations - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) “Mystery Babylon” encompasses more than most people realize.
- Multi-Denominationalism - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some people are promoting the idea of “multi-denominationalism.” What’s that about?
- The Net - Neil Girrard To be fishers of men we need fishing equipment.
- One Hundred and Seven Theses - Steve Camp Christianity today is increasingly dominated by the spirit of this age rather than the Spirit of Christ. We call ourselves to repent of this sin and to recover the historic Christian faith in the arts again.
- The Paradigm Shift - Neil Girrard A response to some of Steve Camp’s 107 Theses addressing the issues of what it really means to be the church.
- A Picture of the Kingdom - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) When Jesus was transfigured on the mountain, He showed His glory to His disciples – and left us a detailed “snapshot” of what His kingdom would be like after His death and before His return.
- Provision, Power and Presumption - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The temptations of Christ are more intricately intertwined in the life of the genuine believer than we are normally taught at “church.”
- Pyramid or Team Yoking - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) One of the most damaging paradigms in the spiritual realms is that of authority.
- Tags Come Second - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some people want to believe that “denominational tags” are permissible and harmless and even irrelevant. Really?
- Taking the Place of Jesus - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Why anyone would want to take the place of Jesus is simultaneously difficult and simple to understand.
- Three Lies - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Three lies currently in vogue in various “Christian” circles, at first, seem to be unrelated to one another but in reality share very similar roots.
- To Be or Not To Be - Neil Girrard Amazingly, this is the simple question before each individual who claims to follow Christ in this tumultuous, confused and confusing time the New Testament calls the end of the age.
- True Words - Neil Girrard Modern New Testament prophets - if there really is such a thing – must speak only “edification and exhortation and comfort to men.” Right?
- Unanimity - Neil Girrard God has been waiting for and working His people toward finally being content to sit back and stop trying to build anything for God.
- We Are the Church - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many people who attend “church” at some building or institution claim to recognize this as a truth yet they do not recognize how many deceptions are built into this seemingly simple idea.
- Why Not One? - Neil Girrard Why has Christ’s High Priestly prayer that we would all be “one” remained unanswered?
- The Wiles of the Devil - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any soldier intending to survive the day’s battle needs to know what weapons his enemy is using and how to counter those weapons.
- Wolves: How to Spot a False Shepherd - Neil Girrard Wolves and hirelings are much more prevalent than most imagine - just visit the local “church” or turn on your TV!