And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness,
and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness;
and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
And in [exercising] knowledge [develop] self-control, and in [exercising] self-control [develop] steadfastness (patience, endurance), and in [exercising] steadfastness [develop] godliness (piety),
and in the experiential knowledge self-control, and in the self-control patience, and in the patience godliness,
your knowledge by self-control, your self-control by the ability to endure. Your endurance too must always be accompanied by devotion to God;
knowledge with self-control, self-control with patient endurance, patient endurance with piety,
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- The American Blunders - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The Europeans have long congratulated themselves for discovering the souls basement and have long considered Americans as superficial and naďve for not having much soul - or basement! But Jesus and the Bible warned mankind of the dangers of the soul long before there ever was an America – or a Europe!
- The Basis of Unity - Neil Girrard The basis of our unity today is not to be found anywhere else but in Christ.
- Blind Spots: What Have We Missed? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) David Platt’s book, Radical is intended to challenge his readers to embrace a biblically radical Christianity but falls far short of its intentions because of the author’s blind spots.
- Buy From Me - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus commanded the Laodiceans to buy something from Him. What was it and why is it important?
- Can a Narcissist be Saved? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) What will it take for a narcissist to be genuinely and spiritually born again?
- Financial Scams; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard One of mammon’s more effective and therefore more dangerous deceptions has been to get people to think vicarious charity is the same thing as Christ’s agape love.
- First Fruits, Tithes and Offerings - Darryl Samuels - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A brother confronted with erroneous and false teachings about tithes and offerings, especially the “first fruits,” shares the results of his decision to research the Bible for himself.
- Gaining True Spiritual Maturity - Neil Girrard When we try to gain spiritual maturity by our own efforts, we usually make things worse, not better – why is that?
- How “Eld” Must an Elder Be? - Neil Girrard A Scriptural look at the role of elders in the local assembly.
- It Doesn’t Take a Genius - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) If it doesn’t take a genius to make the world a better place, what will it take?
- The Kingdom Is the Key - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) An accurate understanding of the kingdom of God is the key to understanding the collection of writings we commonly call the New Testament.
- Leadership and Unity – Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Leadership is more often the source of division that destroys our unity in Christ.
- The Many Rs of the Final Reformation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) In order to grasp the entirety of God’s movement of the last days requires more than the simple label “the final reformation.”
- Maturing in Christ: Advice to New - and Old - Believers - Neil Girrard The path to spiritual maturity is not just a walk up an aisle or even an overnight journey. There are many things we need to observe in our spiritual journey toward God to be certain we don’t get off the path that leads to life.
- The Mighty Antithesis: Sin and Grace - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A.W. Tozer encountered hyper-grace in the 1950s and demonstrated that any discussion of sin and grace is going to cover ground at least touched upon by the conflict between Pelagius and Augustine in the 5th century.
- Mighty in the Scriptures - Neil Girrard William Beck, a translator of the New Testament, called for men like Apollos who were mighty in the Scriptures. But will that really help us?
- The Narrow Road; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard If we would remain on the narrow road that leads to life, we must love our brothers in Christ.
- The Open Church – A Review - Neil Girrard A good book to read - with the understanding that it represents some serious compromises to the vision that God tried to give.
- Our Duty - Neil Girrard A word study on strife and striving that reveals what God expects of us - contains some surprising answers!
- Pressing Into the Kingdom - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The kingdom of God differs from the law and the prophets – why is that important?
- Saints or Sinners - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) What is an individual after a genuine conversion? Why does it matter?
- Sound Doctrine; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Scripture tells us exactly what “sound doctrine” and it is relevant to all people who name the name of Christ.
- Spectrums: “Church” or Ekklesia - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any individual, whether the worst kind of evil villain or the best kind of saint or hero, is a combination of both good and bad characteristics – so why are led to believe that an assembly, which is made up of many individuals, must be either merely “good” or “bad” and not some mixture of both?
- The Standard of Perfection - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus said that we should be perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect – so why aren’t we perfect?
- Tag Team; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard The demonic excels at what it does precisely because they do work together in their vast scams against humanity.
- The Test of Obedience - Neil Girrard Our obedience to Christ’s commands is still a requirement to attain to eternal salvation.
- Through the Looking Glass - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) If one looks into either end of binoculars or a telescope, a “looking glass,” one can see many things about the kingdom and the “church.” A surprisingly deep parable.
- 2. The Vital Place of the Church; The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Tozer’s teachings exposes his own “church” paradigm and opens up the truth for us today.
- 4. The Wasp and the Church Member (Part 1); The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Tozer asks great questions! But if anyone else were to ask them, the most likely response will be “Oh, he’s just bitter – he’s been hurt!”
- 7. The Wasp and the Church Member (Part 2); The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Even Tozer saw that the “church” most often gives new converts precisely something other than or something in addition to Christ and that the race the spiritual converts run is a short dash that fizzles out into the “dull religious routine” of faithful “church” attendance.