So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be My disciple.
“So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.
“So therefore, no one of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions.
In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be My disciple.
So then, any of you who does not forsake (renounce, surrender claim to, give up, say good-bye to) all that he has cannot be My disciple.
Therefore, in the same manner, everyone of you who does not in self-renunciation bid farewell to all his possessions, is not able to be My disciple.
So it is with you; only the man who says goodbye to all his possessions can be My disciple.
“Just so, no one of you who does not forsake everything that he has, can be a disciple of Mine.
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- All In for Jesus - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus said, “Whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.” Was He kidding or did He mean it?
- Give, Give, Give; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer The requirement of the life of a disciple of Jesus is to give, give, give. How much? Everything!
- How to Get Power; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer The disciples didn’t proclaim their power into being, nor did they promote it into a reality. God, in His sovereign purpose and plan, gave it to them.
- One Hundred and Seven Theses - Steve Camp Christianity today is increasingly dominated by the spirit of this age rather than the Spirit of Christ. We call ourselves to repent of this sin and to recover the historic Christian faith in the arts again.
- Poor, Maimed, Lame and the Blind; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer When those that didn’t want to obey God and possess the land see the poor, the maimed, the uncultured, the lame and the blind entering to fill God’s house, they will strive to enter in, but it will be too late!
- Tags Come Second - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some people want to believe that “denominational tags” are permissible and harmless and even irrelevant. Really?
- Think Like I Think - Neil Girrard I expect, insist and demand that you think like I do – just like the Bible says.
- Tithing; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer The giving of ten percent isn’t the ultimate example of giving in the original New Testament Church. They gave everything.