Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
because by the works of the Law (of law) no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law (through law) comes the knowledge of sin.
Therefore no one will be declared righteous in His sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.
For no person will be justified (made righteous, acquitted, and judged acceptable) in His sight by observing the works prescribed by the Law. For [the real function of] the Law is to make men recognize and be conscious of sin [not mere perception, but an acquaintance with sin which works toward repentance, faith, and holy character].
Wherefore, out of works of law there shall not be justified any flesh in His sight, for through law is a full knowledge of sin.
No man can justify himself before God by a perfect performance if the Law’s demands – indeed it is the straight-edge of the Law that shows us how crooked we are.
Because no human creature can be brought into right standing with God by observing the law. For all the law can do is to make men conscious of sin.
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- Buy From Me - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus commanded the Laodiceans to buy something from Him. What was it and why is it important?
- A Different Jesus - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Every sect (denomination) and religious social club (“church”) has its own “Jesus.” How can this be?
- Doing the Will of God - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A study in the New Testament about the importance of doing the will of God.
- The Father’s Business - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) As sons of God we need to be about our Father’s business – but what is that?
- 1. The Latent Power of the Soul; The Latent Power of the Soul - Watchman Nee A message concerning spiritual warfare and its relation to the end of this age.
- Truth and Grace - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Truth, grace and law - our ears and hearts have become jaded to the full intent and meaning of the Spirit of God.
- Whose Slave Are You? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) It is an inescapable fact that we are the slave of whomever we choose to obey – and our only two choices are sin or God.