And hath put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the head over all things to the ekklesia,
And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the ekklesia,
And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the ekklesia,
And God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the ekklesia,
And He has put all things under His feet and has appointed Him the universal and supreme Head of the ekklesia [a headship exercised throughout the ekklesia],
And all things He put in subjection under His feet, and Him He gave as Head over all things to the Ekklesia,
God has placed everything under the power of Christ and has set Him up as supreme head to the Ekklesia,
And so He has put all things under His feet and made Him the supreme Head of the ekklesia.
And 2532 hath put 5293 all things 3956 under 5259 His 846 feet, 4228 and 2532 gave 1325 Him 846 to be the head 2776 over 5228 all things3956 to the 3588 ekklesia, 1577
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- Answers to Questions About Churchianity vs. the Church - Jim Baumgaertel/Neil Girrard Jim Baumgaertel asks all the right questions and Neil Girrard gives the answers which God has revealed to him.
- The Call for Unity - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The call for unity that is sounding forth from so many among professed followers of Christ today is genuine – but it is dangerous.
- 4. The Christian Life in a United Church - Part 1; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard What would a unified ekklesia look like?
- 5. The Christian Life in a United Church - Part 2; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard We now return to the floor-tilting quotes we laid on the table in the previous section.
- Church Home - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Modern Christianity tells us we need a “church home.” What is a “church home”? Do we really need one?
- 7. The Covering, Restraint, and Supply of the Body of Christ; The Body of Christ: A Reality - Watchman Nee In this chapter we shall look into a few more matters related to the body of Christ.
- Do Not Yield - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many “Christian” leaders demand blind obedience from their followers but what does the New Testament really say about obeying men?
- 3. The Ecumenical Awakening - Part 2; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard If we can understand the reason the Reformers failed to enter into the unity of the Spirit of God, perhaps we can come to grips with why we, as Christ’s followers today, are still failing to enter into that unity.
- Ekklesia - A Word Study - Neil Girrard Reading the Scriptures with the word “church” in them has done centuries of damage to the body of Christ. A simple reading of these Scriptures with the Greek word “ekklesia” re-inserted can be a real eye-opener.
- Ekklesia or the Kingdom of God - Neil Girrard The kingdom of God is simply not the exact same thing as the ekklesia and the confusion that results by assuming that they are has caused many difficulties for the people of Christ.
- The Eternal Gospel - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Sometimes when we read the book of Revelation we can easily miss some detail or fail to grasp the profound significance of some sparsely described event – even about something as important as the eternal gospel of Christ.
- The Final Reformation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) It is believed by some that we are standing at the front of the “last reformation.” What’s that all about?
- Foreword; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard This series examines Charles Clayton Morrison’s book to glean its excellent insights into one of the “church’s” most ongoing sins – denominationalism.
- God’s Order - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Anyone who speaks against the “church” is only promoting disorder and may be summarily dismissed as speaking only from the devil and the demonic – right?
- 3. Hold Fast the Head; The Body of Christ: A Reality - Watchman Nee God has given the total Christ to us and has joined us intimately with His Son. All the power of our existence rests in Christ.
- How to Be a Local Ekklesia: or, Where the House “Church” Movement Failed - Neil Girrard The house “church” failed to attain to the three core elements of true ekklesia and has, for the most part, already devolved into yet another hardened wineskin.
- 7. The Illusion of Restorationism; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard In this chapter, Morrison exposes his personal bias against “restorationist groups.”
- Inoculated - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many Americans are unreached by the gospel because they have been inoculated against it, most often at some “church.”
- King James Only - Neil Girrard Some groups insist on reading the King James Bible only – what is that all about?
- The Net - Neil Girrard To be fishers of men we need fishing equipment.
- No Greater Conceit - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) There is perhaps no greater or more dangerous, conceit than the notion that Christ died for me unless it is the conceit that says “my way” is acceptable to God.
- No Place for the Poor - Neil Girrard Wealth and poverty and work are not the simple matters many people believe them to be.
- The Overcomer on the Throne of Victory: Satan Under the Feet of the Believer.; The Warfare With Satan and the Way of Victory - Jesse Penn-Lewis We must see the way of victory, and the place of authority over all the power of the enemy, which makes the redeemed one “terrible as an army with banners” to the foe.
- The Overcomers on the Resurrection Side of the Cross. The Call to Arms, and the Armour of Light.; The Warfare With Satan and the Way of Victory - Jesse Penn-Lewis How truly we need the eyes of the “understanding being filled with light” - the light from heaven - to apprehend, and to appropriate, this marvelous revelation of the grace of God to fallen sinners.
- The Pattern of the Tent; From Tent To Temple - George Warnock Few believers seem to realize that the pattern changes as one temple replaces another - the temple that has gone into ruin and later restored is vastly different than the original structure.
- The Poor, the Crippled, the Blind and the Lame - Neil Girrard Only the spiritually poor, crippled, blind and lame partake of Christ’s eternal life.
- Prayer and Personal Conflict; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Closely bound up with the wrestling of the spirit is the necessity of prayer, the prayer of one joined in Spirit with the Son of God.
- Saints or Sinners - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) What is an individual after a genuine conversion? Why does it matter?
- Same Old Story: Montanus vs. Ignatius of Antioch - Neil Girrard “Church” splits are almost as old as church history – and the first one reveals a lot of the errors we still practice today.
- Seven / Twenty-One / Five-Twenty B.C. (Part 1); “Building the Temple” - Neil Girrard To build God’s building, requires obedience to the Spirit of God – and His strength.
- Simplicity in Christ - Neil Girrard The simplicity that Christ calls us to walk in applies also, believe it or not, to how we are to assemble.
- Spectrums: “Church” or Ekklesia - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any individual, whether the worst kind of evil villain or the best kind of saint or hero, is a combination of both good and bad characteristics – so why are led to believe that an assembly, which is made up of many individuals, must be either merely “good” or “bad” and not some mixture of both?
- The Spiritual Basis of Deliverance in Calvary’s Victory; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis As the deceptions of Satan are recognized, and the will of the person is set to reject them, he can, on the basis of the work of Christ at Calvary claim his deliverance from these workings of the devil in deception and possession.
- The Standard of Perfection - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus said that we should be perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect – so why aren’t we perfect?
- 8. Surmounting Three Major Obstacles; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard Morrison again looks ahead to “a united church,” offering his ideas (compiled in the late 1940s) as to how to overcome what he saw as three major obstacles to “ecumenical unity.”
- Tags Come Second - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some people want to believe that “denominational tags” are permissible and harmless and even irrelevant. Really?
- Think Like I Think - Neil Girrard I expect, insist and demand that you think like I do – just like the Bible says.
- To Be or Not To Be - Neil Girrard Amazingly, this is the simple question before each individual who claims to follow Christ in this tumultuous, confused and confusing time the New Testament calls the end of the age.
- Translator’s Preface ; The Body of Christ: A Reality - Watchman Nee This little volume of collected messages attempts to show us the reality of the body of Christ.
- The True Location of God; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Christ and God are in heaven – counterfeits would have us look elsewhere.
- The True Tabernacle - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Scripture says there is a true tabernacle of Christ. What are the differences between the true one and the false ones?
- Unanimity - Neil Girrard God has been waiting for and working His people toward finally being content to sit back and stop trying to build anything for God.
- Whose Kingdom Is It Anyway? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Perhaps the most accurate, over-arching view of the intricate workings of the kingdom of God ever given to men was that given to Ezekiel.
- Why Do We Meet - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The modern “church” is so confused that few, if any, seem to remember or even know what the mission of the genuine ekklesia is.