Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
“Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing; – and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked –
‘Because you say, “I am rich, and have become wealthy, and I have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked,
You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.
For you say, I am rich; I have prospered and grown wealthy, and I am in need of nothing; and you do not realize and understand that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.
Because you are saying, I am wealthy [in this world’s goods] and have gotten [spiritual] riches and have need of not even one thing, and because you do not have a clear and absolute knowledge of the fact that, as for you, you are the wretched one and an object of pity, and are poverty-stricken and blind and naked,
While you say, ‘I am rich, I have prospered, and there is nothing that I need,’ you have no eyes to see that you are wretched, pitiable, poverty-stricken, blind and naked.
Because you say, ‘I am rich, I have already become rich, I need nothing,’ and you do not know that you are the very one that is wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked;
Because 3754 thou sayest, 3004 I am 1510 rich, 4145 and 2532 increased with goods, 4147 and 2532 have 2192 need 5532 of nothing; 3762 and 2532 knowest 1492 not 3756 that 3754 thou 4771 art 1488 wretched, 5005 and 2532 miserable, 1652 and 2532 poor, 4434 and 2532 blind, 5185 and 2532 naked: 1131
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- Assembling Together; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer God, by His Spirit, works more outside the organized Church than in it, because most churches are not ready to give God His unquestionable sovereignty.
- Building Paneled Houses - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The Lord is again asking, “Is it time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses while My house lies in ruins?” How would this word of the Lord from Hag. 1:4 apply to modern twenty-first century followers of Christ?
- Buy From Me - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus commanded the Laodiceans to buy something from Him. What was it and why is it important?
- Death in the Living Room: It’s Not Just in the “Church” Anymore - Neil Girrard We certainly cannot change the whole of churchianity - by what means can we know whether the group we are attending or gathering with is truly administering life or administering death?
- The Desire To See - Neil Girrard Among those who have heard and obeyed God’s call to “Come out” of organized, institutional apostate churchianity, there remains a strong desire to more clearly see the ekklesia, God’s people, come together and interact in loving service to one another and to know that we are doing our part in Christ’s body.
- Entertaining Dangers - Neil Girrard Are we entertaining ourselves into danger, perhaps even into hell itself?
- False Religion; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard The most successful and dangerous of Satan’s “propaganda ministry” is the spirit of false religion.
- Gaining True Spiritual Maturity - Neil Girrard When we try to gain spiritual maturity by our own efforts, we usually make things worse, not better – why is that?
- Jude’s Dilemma - Neil Girrard The pending spiritual danger made Jude set aside his warm, glowing sentiments regarding salvation and write a fiery letter of warning.
- The King’s Return - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) When the King returns, what will He expect us to have done for Him?
- Known - Neil Girrard What is the importance of our being known in the mind of God before the worlds were created? More than you might think.
- LAST DAYS DECEPTION - David L. Williams Jesus warned us of Last Days deception and that the deceived could possibly include Christians.
- Numbers Don’t Matter - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) If numbers don’t matter in evaluating a particular “ministry,” why are its leaders so vocal about how many people they’re reaching?
- The Open Church – A Review - Neil Girrard A good book to read - with the understanding that it represents some serious compromises to the vision that God tried to give.
- Opening Spiritual Ears - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The ear that hears what God is saying is one of the most important things that accompany salvation. So why is this truth so often explained away or ridiculed?
- The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Wedding Maids - Neil Girrard Centuries of foolish and even demonic paradigms have distorted the clear meaning behind Jesus’ words in this parable.
- Paths of Righteousness - Neil Girrard Quotes from Philip Keller, an experienced shepherd, provide an excellent view into the role of sheep and shepherds.
- The Power of “Church” Deception - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Those ensnared in obvious sin are more likely to attain to liberty than those ensnared by “church” deceptions because so few recognize how unScriptural the “church” has become.
- Pressing Into the Kingdom - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The kingdom of God differs from the law and the prophets – why is that important?
- The Purpose of Parables - Neil Girrard Parables serve a much more precise purpose in the teachings of Jesus than most people realize.
- Responding to the Apostasy - Neil Girrard As the great falling away from the faith unfolds all around us, what response should we make?
- The Risen Lord in the Midst of His People, and His Call to Victory; The Warfare With Satan and the Way of Victory - Jesse Penn-Lewis He Who had sent the Holy Spirit to lead His redeemed ones into all the truth, now sends to them the call from heaven to overcome!
- Ruthless Goddess - Neil Girrard A look at the power of pornography.
- Seek First the Kingdom of God (But Where Is It?) - David L. Williams - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A powerful presentation of fresh manna for these last days.
- Spectrums: “Church” or Ekklesia - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any individual, whether the worst kind of evil villain or the best kind of saint or hero, is a combination of both good and bad characteristics – so why are led to believe that an assembly, which is made up of many individuals, must be either merely “good” or “bad” and not some mixture of both?
- Strong Delusion - Neil Girrard When God sends strong delusion on all who take pleasure in unrighteousness, who can stand?
- The Time of Lawlessness - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The one who does things he knows to be sinful or wrong is not the one the New Testament calls lawless.
- Triumphant Overcoming - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) If there is one word that has fallen from common usage in “Christian” circles, it would be the need to overcome.
- Turning Slaves Into Warriors - Neil Girrard If we are to be completely free of the “church” paradigm, we must recognize how deep the slave mentality has been inserted into our thinking.
- The Voice of Strangers - Neil Girrard The primary element that makes one’s voice that of a stranger is the very subtle strain of presuming oneself better or superior over others and most teachers who possess this strain either deny or justify it!
- Walking With God; Through the Fire - David L. Williams This small booklet is a powerhouse and wealth of insight into spiritual warfare, “church” malfunctions and the deepening of our spiritual walk with God. A must read - and one to reread often! - for all who wish to go further on with and deeper into the Lord. Also available as a downloadable Word file which the author requests that you forward by email to anyone the Lord would have you do so. Walking With God; Through the Fire (Downloadable version)
- Wealth: Blessing, Curse or Test? - Neil Girrard A Scriptural look at whether wealth is a blessing, a curse or simply a test from God.
- Why We Gather - Neil Girrard Why we first went to “church” is as important a question to answer as is why we left it.
- 2. Your Father the Devil; The Sons of the Devil - Neil Girrard Anyone who is a tool in the hands of Satan for any kind of divisiveness and destruction or who imitates the arrogance and rebellious nature of Satan is simply a son of Satan, a tare among the wheat.