Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?
“Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’
Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name and in Your name drive out demons, and perform many miracles?’
Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and driven out demons in Your name and done many mighty works in Your name?
Many shall say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not in Your Name prophesy, and in Your Name cast out demons, and in Your Name perform many miracles which demonstrated the power of God?
“In ‘that day’ many will say to Me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we preach in Your name, didn’t we cast out devils in Your name, and do many great things in Your name?’
Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, was it not in Your name that we prophesied, and in Your name that we drove out demons, and in Your name that we did many wonder-works?’
Many 4183 will say 2046 to Me 3427 in 1722 that 1565 day, 2250 Lord, 2962 Lord, 2962 have we not 3756 prophesied 4395 in Thy 4674 name? 3686 and 2532 in Thy 4674 name 3686 have cast out 1544 devils? 1140 and 2532 in Thy 4674 name 3686 done 4160 many 4183 wonderful works? 1411
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- Abominations to God - Neil Girrard A word study on what God considers repulsive and abominable.
- 5. American Independence vs. Body Interdependence; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard Perhaps the worst influence that American independence has had on the spiritual understanding of believers is found in the usual interpretation given to Paul's words to the Thessalonians.
- Ask Not What God Can Do For You - Neil Girrard A closer look at our incessant preoccupation with “ministry.”
- Blind Spots: What Have We Missed? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) David Platt’s book, Radical is intended to challenge his readers to embrace a biblically radical Christianity but falls far short of its intentions because of the author’s blind spots.
- Building Paneled Houses - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The Lord is again asking, “Is it time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses while My house lies in ruins?” How would this word of the Lord from Hag. 1:4 apply to modern twenty-first century followers of Christ?
- The Call for Unity - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The call for unity that is sounding forth from so many among professed followers of Christ today is genuine – but it is dangerous.
- Christ In - Set Man Out! - Darryl Samuels & Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Is the “set man” principle still applicable to New Covenant believers today? This article may challenge some of our sincerest beliefs.
- The Coin of the Realm - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many think they know what God’s “economy” is all about – but it’s not really what most people presume.
- A Defeated Devil - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many who claim to follow Christ hold to the idea of a defeated devil, ridiculing his schemes and devices as just the foolish floppings of a “toothless old tiger” too stupid and inept to be of any harm or threat to their eternal security in Christ. But is this an accurate portrayal?
- Do Not Yield - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many “Christian” leaders demand blind obedience from their followers but what does the New Testament really say about obeying men?
- A Doctrine of Grace; - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Even the teaching of grace is distorted in these last days of deception and lawlessness.
- Doing the Will of God - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A study in the New Testament about the importance of doing the will of God.
- Done in Christ; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Some have taken Jesus’ last words to mean, among other things that Christ’s sacrifice was completely and ultimately finished - that there was and is absolutely nothing any human could do to add to the finished work of the cross. Is this true?
- Done With “Church” - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Another significant segment of people are again abandoning the “church” – and this group has been labeled as “dones” and “called outs.”
- Ekkaleo - Ekkletoi - Ekklesia - Neil Girrard Becoming the ekklesia is a process - not an automatic guarantee just because we claim to be “a Christian.”
- Ekklesia or the Kingdom of God - Neil Girrard The kingdom of God is simply not the exact same thing as the ekklesia and the confusion that results by assuming that they are has caused many difficulties for the people of Christ.
- Enemies of the King - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Far too often we do not take seriously just who and what is considered the enemy of God.
- Established in the Truth – 2 Peter 1:12; Twisted Scriptures - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Deceived adherents to the twisted doctrine of “grace” think they’re working to be established in the truth – instead they are only being established by the demonic in their error.
- Eternal Security? - Neil Girrard Some people completely dismiss outright the idea of “losing one’s salvation” by claiming that we must not, and even cannot, add to the finished work of Christ on the cross – but is this the truth?
- Faith Alone? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The entire “faith alone” concept is overly simplistic, unbalanced, skewed and distorted. What is the truth?
- The Father’s Business - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) As sons of God we need to be about our Father’s business – but what is that?
- Following the Lamb - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Following Christ is more than just obeying the commands of Christ.
- From “Once Upon a Time...” to “Happily Ever After”? - Neil Girrard A discussion of the “once saved, always saved” theory.
- Furthering the Kingdom - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Practical steps toward seeing the kingdom of God established among us.
- God? - Neil Girrard What do we say to the growing number of people who no longer want anything to do with God because of their past “church” experiences?
- God the Judge of All - Neil Girrard The New Testament clearly says that God is to be the Judge of all men – so why does the “church” teach exemption from judgment for their attendees? And just what are the standards by which we shall all be judged?
- God’s Approval - Neil Girrard God’s approval on our life and on our work in His kingdom is no light and trivial matter.
- God’s Fuhrer - Neil Girrard The hierarchy of the “church” (and its leftover remains among those who have left the “church”) makes the “servants of God” resemble a fuhrer. How can this be?
- Going It Alone - Neil Girrard At “church” we were direly warned of going off alone in our Christianity – but are these warnings true?
- Gospel of Grace - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Joseph Prince’s book, Destined to Reign, is an astonishing compilation of errors and false teachings. This article attempts to tackle all those found in chapter 3, “Controversies Surrounding the Gospel of Grace.”
- The Great Treasure - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) With great treasure comes great responsibility.
- Guided Into All Truth - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some teachers like to point out that isolated phrases and sentences from the Scriptures put together at a teacher’s whim can be made to prove almost anything but few seem to recognize the double standard this really is.
- I Have Not Sent Them – Neil Girrard By what means can we test the men and women who come along claiming to be “apostles” sent by the Lord to proclaim the way of the Lord?
- 7. The Illusion of Restorationism; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard In this chapter, Morrison exposes his personal bias against “restorationist groups.”
- The Importance of Christ - Neil Girrard Christ is the King, the Absolute Monarch, over those who claim to be His – so why isn’t He obeyed?
- Intimidation; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard In addition to deceiving us into relying on our own knowledge of good and evil, this ruler of fearing man is not above using intimidation to scare us into disobeying God.
- It Doesn’t Take a Genius - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) If it doesn’t take a genius to make the world a better place, what will it take?
- Kingdom or Church? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Did Christ come to found and institute the church or did He come to bring forth the kingdom of God among men?
- Known - Neil Girrard What is the importance of our being known in the mind of God before the worlds were created? More than you might think.
- The Lie Called Revival – Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) “Revivals” are popular at many “churches” and everyone seems to think everyone needs “revived” – but what is the truth?
- The Many Rs of the Final Reformation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) In order to grasp the entirety of God’s movement of the last days requires more than the simple label “the final reformation.”
- The Most Dangerous Man in the Assembly - Neil Girrard The most dangerous man in the assembly is the least likely suspect – he’s very likely to be the one who has the most Bible knowledge!
- Most Needed Questions - Neil Girrard Several questions that most desperately need to be asked - and answered!
- A Mystery Revealed - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) New Testament “mysteries” present special dangers to those who would follow Christ. What are these dangers?
- No Substitutions - Neil Girrard The subtle substitutions Satan attempts to deceive us with can rob us of our heritage as sons of God.
- One Hundred and Seven Theses - Steve Camp Christianity today is increasingly dominated by the spirit of this age rather than the Spirit of Christ. We call ourselves to repent of this sin and to recover the historic Christian faith in the arts again.
- 1. Organization: Necessary and Dangerous (Part 1); The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Tozer, as is true of every proponent of the “church” paradigm, is quite capable of expressing contradictory opinions without ever realizing the statements are contradictory.
- The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Wedding Maids - Neil Girrard Centuries of foolish and even demonic paradigms have distorted the clear meaning behind Jesus’ words in this parable.
- The Passing Darkness - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The reason mainline denominations are dying out is blatantly obvious for those who have eyes to see.
- The Perfect Church - Neil Girrard All those who subscribe to the “church” paradigm believe they have their hands on the whole counsel of God - yet, it is precisely this blind grip on partial truths that gives the “church” paradigm its lethal power over those who believe in it.
- Perilous Times - Neil Girrard The deception of the end times is dangerous – especially for those who don’t believe deception is really there.
- 10. The Perils of the Preacher (Part 1); The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard One of the clearest instances where Tozer saw things as they were but was unable to rightly label what he was seeing.
- Pleasing Men - Neil Girrard Few recognize just how subtle pleasing men can be – and how it keeps us from obeying God.
- 5. Pragmatism Goes to Church; The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard Even in 1960, Tozer recognized that the “religious majority” within the “churches” would exhibit the same wrath as the Jews exhibited against Jesus and all His followers – and that the “religious majority” were a mixed multitude rejecting the sound doctrine of hearing the Lord and submitting to His rule.
- Presenting the King - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Do you know what it means to have a King? Many people don’t.
- Responding to the Apostasy - Neil Girrard As the great falling away from the faith unfolds all around us, what response should we make?
- The Right Answer - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) How we answer the question “Who do you say that I am?” effects everything about how we will go about practicing the way of following Christ.
- Salvation by Grace - How It Works - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A modern-day parable about being truly saved.
- Seven / Twenty-One / Five-Twenty B.C. (Part 1); “Building the Temple” - Neil Girrard To build God’s building, requires obedience to the Spirit of God – and His strength.
- Six / One / Five-Twenty B.C.; “Building the Temple” - Neil Girrard The prophecies of Haggai apply to those who would build the temple of the Holy Spirit in our time much more than we might think.
- So You Think You’re a Christian; Neil Girrard What it means to be “saved.”
- Spectrums: “Church” or Ekklesia - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any individual, whether the worst kind of evil villain or the best kind of saint or hero, is a combination of both good and bad characteristics – so why are led to believe that an assembly, which is made up of many individuals, must be either merely “good” or “bad” and not some mixture of both?
- The Spirit of Religion or the Spirit of Truth? The Devil’s Counter-Offensive - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) How can you address a complex issue with simplicity?
- Spiritual Blindness - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Whether we look at Nicodemus or Eve or Cain or Saul or Elymas or ourselves, the sin nature is common to every man, woman and child.
- Tags Come Second - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some people want to believe that “denominational tags” are permissible and harmless and even irrelevant. Really?
- Taking the Place of Jesus - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Why anyone would want to take the place of Jesus is simultaneously difficult and simple to understand.
- Teachers - Neil Girrard Teachers are a part of the body of Christ - and a prominent part of the apostasy. So which is which?
- The Test of Loyalty - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) How God uses the “church” to test the loyalty of those who claim to be His.
- There’s Nothing Wrong With Me - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The failure to face up to our own realities is often the source of our deepest deceptions.
- Those Who Despise and Reject Authority - Neil Girrard Though many people leaving the “church” are accused of rebelling against authority – and Peter’s and Jude’s prophecies are used - this is only a misrepresentation of the real meanings in these prophecies.
- Three Lies - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Three lies currently in vogue in various “Christian” circles, at first, seem to be unrelated to one another but in reality share very similar roots.
- The Time of Lawlessness - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The one who does things he knows to be sinful or wrong is not the one the New Testament calls lawless.
- To Be or Not To Be - Neil Girrard Amazingly, this is the simple question before each individual who claims to follow Christ in this tumultuous, confused and confusing time the New Testament calls the end of the age.
- The True Tabernacle - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Scripture says there is a true tabernacle of Christ. What are the differences between the true one and the false ones?
- Two Kinds of Christians - Neil Girrard T. Austin Sparks identified two different kinds of Christians – which kind are we?
- Two Lies - Neil Girrard Differences between the New Testament and our practice of following Christ are not as unimportant as some think.
- Unanimity - Neil Girrard God has been waiting for and working His people toward finally being content to sit back and stop trying to build anything for God.
- 8. We Must Be Still to Know; The “Church” Paradigm (a la Tozer) - Neil Girrard If the people who have read Tozer – and a lot of “pastors” and religious leaders have read his writings – would have simply heeded this message, the landscape of Christianity might be vastly different than it is now.
- What’s In a Title? - Neil Girrard What’s in a title? More than most bargain for.
- Where Should I Go To Church? - Neil Girrard This important - but ignorant - question deserves to be answered.
- Whose Will Do We Follow? - Neil Girrard With the New Testament’s many clear instructions, how do we justify the normal (average, usual) “Christian’s” exclusion of God from so much of the life they live?
- The Work of the Wilderness - Neil Girrard If God is leading us, why are we still in the wilderness?
- Your God Is Too Small: A Review - Neil Girrard J.B. Phillips’ book, Your God Is Too Small, is an excellent, well thought-out description of the various false gods and pseudo-“Gods” worshiped (or at least nominally followed) at most “churches” and a rational perspective of Christ and God that will well serve any genuine follower of Christ in these days of apostasy and rampant deception.