No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will hold to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon (riches).
“No one can serve two masters. Either he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stand by and be devoted to the one and despise and be against the other. You cannot serve God and mammon (deceitful riches, money, possessions, or whatever is trusted in).
No one is able to be habitually serving two masters, for either he will hate the one and the other one of a different kind he will love, or one he will hold to firmly as against the other, and the other one of a different kind he will disdain. You are not able to be rendering a slave’s obedience to God and to a passion for accumulating wealth.
“No one can fully serve two masters. He is bound to hate one and love the other, or be loyal to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and the power of money.
No one can be a slave to two masters, for either he will hate one and love the other, or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot be slaves of God and money.
No man 3762 can 1410 serve 1398 two 1417 masters: 2962 for 1063 either 2228 he will hate 3404 the 3588 one, 1520 and 2532 love 25 the 3588 other; 2087 or 2228 else he will hold 472 to the one, 1520 and 2532 despise 2706 the 3588 other. 2087 Ye can- 1410 -not 3756 serve 1398 God 2316 and 2532 mammon. 3126
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- Answers to Questions About Churchianity vs. the Church - Jim Baumgaertel/Neil Girrard Jim Baumgaertel asks all the right questions and Neil Girrard gives the answers which God has revealed to him.
- Blind Spots: What Have We Missed? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) David Platt’s book, Radical is intended to challenge his readers to embrace a biblically radical Christianity but falls far short of its intentions because of the author’s blind spots.
- Building Paneled Houses - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The Lord is again asking, “Is it time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses while My house lies in ruins?” How would this word of the Lord from Hag. 1:4 apply to modern twenty-first century followers of Christ?
- Choose Wisely; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Some people mistakenly think of themselves as not really being worldly even though their lifestyles and practices are exactly the same as the world. This is effective deception!
- The Coasting Zone - Neil Girrard When the subject comes up, we’re quick to protest that we have not yet arrived – but is that quick rejection really just a cover for complacency in our hearts?
- Death in the Living Room: It’s Not Just in the “Church” Anymore - Neil Girrard We certainly cannot change the whole of churchianity - by what means can we know whether the group we are attending or gathering with is truly administering life or administering death?
- Error and Deception - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The phrase “the error of Balaam” opens up what God has to say to those who live in the days of deception prior to His return.
- The Eternal Gospel - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Sometimes when we read the book of Revelation we can easily miss some detail or fail to grasp the profound significance of some sparsely described event – even about something as important as the eternal gospel of Christ.
- The Father’s Business - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) As sons of God we need to be about our Father’s business – but what is that?
- God-Given Assets - Neil Girrard Seekers of financial freedom very often use other people for their own gain and then speak openly of their “God-given assets.”
- Gospel of Grace - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Joseph Prince’s book, Destined to Reign, is an astonishing compilation of errors and false teachings. This article attempts to tackle all those found in chapter 3, “Controversies Surrounding the Gospel of Grace.”
- History Revisited - Neil Girrard Yet again, those who refuse to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.
- Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau: Three of Satan’s Stooges - Neil Girrard The U.S. is little more than the acting out of the philosophies of Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau but most Americans don’t know what these philosophers said or why that might be important to them as followers of Christ.
- I Have Not Sent Them – Neil Girrard By what means can we test the men and women who come along claiming to be “apostles” sent by the Lord to proclaim the way of the Lord?
- Inoculated - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many Americans are unreached by the gospel because they have been inoculated against it, most often at some “church.”
- Judgment of Drought Without Mercy; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer The sins of God’s people during Jeremiah’s time that caused God to deliver them over to Babylon reads practically identical to the sinful condition of our own land in this hour.
- Luxury; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer The only luxury that Moses, Elijah and Elisha had was talking to God.
- Material Wisdom; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Paul speaks of those who measure themselves by themselves and who compare themselves among themselves as being not wise.
- The Mother of Abominations - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) “Mystery Babylon” encompasses more than most people realize.
- 1. Neglecting the Poor; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard God is wanting us to change the way we deal with the poor.
- One Hundred and Seven Theses - Steve Camp Christianity today is increasingly dominated by the spirit of this age rather than the Spirit of Christ. We call ourselves to repent of this sin and to recover the historic Christian faith in the arts again.
- Out of “Church” - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Coming out of “church” is a lot more than just leaving the building and no longer sitting at the feet of the “man of God” behind his pulpit.
- Outside the Box - Neil Girrard In one short quote, J.B. Phillips put his finger squarely on the problems of modern churchianity.
- A Rural Exodus - Review - Neil Girrard “Pastors” are exiting the rural Midwest faster than the population – why? And what does it show all of us?
- Sight - Neil Girrard An unusual Greek word points to the need to see with God’s eyes and not our own.
- Spiritual Deception; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard The antithetical nature of God and riches raises the question of whether the gospel of the kingdom of God can be truly received by peoples of nations where wealth is the god that is sacrificially served, obeyed and worshiped.
- Spiritual Fruit; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard For every fruit of the Spirit of God, there is a counterfeit or alternative fruit of the spirit of mammon.
- Treasures - Neil Girrard Do we really know what our treasures really are?
- Zeitgeists: A Clash of Titans; America: The Big Picture - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) One concept almost completely ignored by the “church’s” prophecy industry prognosticators is the existence and work of an age’s zeitgeist.