All articles are formatted as simply as possible and should print directly from your web browser.
back to top
C π E
- The Danger of a Wrong Kind of “Fight”; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Fighting by force, or resistance, must therefore always have at the back of it the volitional attitude of refusal.
- The Danger of Giving New Ground; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Whatever the person shrinks from hearing about, or is troubled when reference is made to it, may reveal upon examination, ground given on that point.
- The Dangers of Coined Phrases to Express Spiritual Truths; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Other dangers centre around the coining of phrases to describe some special experience, and the interpretation of them in the minds of many believers, bring about conditions for the evil spirits of Satan to “possess” and “control” those who “surrender” and “let go,” not knowing how to discern between the working of God and Satan.
- Daniel’s Prophecy That “Teachers” Should “Fall” at the Time of the End; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Even the most learned of the elect of Christ can be deceived.
- Darkness and Light Bible Bullet: John 12:46 - Neil Girrard Darkness is incompatible with the children of light.
- Dealing With a Sinning Brother - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Perhaps the most needed - and perhaps the most absent - aspect of Christian living today is knowing just how to deal with a brother’s sin.
- 2. Dealing With the Impoverished; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard How we view the “poor” affects how we interact with them.
- Death by Deception; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Satan’s weapon against us is deception. He wields this weapon in order that he might ultimately render us dead - physically or spiritually whenever God and/or our own actions give him authority and power over us.
- Death in the Living Room: It’s Not Just in the “Church” Anymore - Neil Girrard We certainly cannot change the whole of churchianity - by what means can we know whether the group we are attending or gathering with is truly administering life or administering death?
- The Death of Self; A Larger Christian Life - A.B. Simpson Excerpted from his book, this writing from a hundred years ago still speaks volumes about today’s Christian’s need to die to self.
- The Death of Selfishness Bible Bullet: Philippians 2:3 - Neil Girrard American culture presents a standard of life which is in direct contrast to the commands of Christ.
- Death or Life - Neil Girrard The gospel message goes a lot deeper than the religious talking heads on television and in the pulpits seem to know.
- The Deceitfulness of Wealth Bible Bullet: Matthew 13:22 - Neil Girrard God has always demanded that those who would be His must bear fruit, that is, bring forth things of benefit and supply for the kingdom of God.
- The Deceived Believer a Slave to Evil Spirits; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis If yielded to, and believed to be of God, the result is that the believer becomes a slave to a supernatural power which destroys all freedom of volition and judgment.
- 5. Deception and Possession; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis To be deceived by lying spirits does not mean that the believer is necessarily possessed by an evil spirit; and a person may be “possessed” without having been deceived.
- 3. Deception by Evil Spirits in Modern Times; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Among those who are members of the Body of Christ, there are degrees of growth, and therefore degrees of testing, permitted by God, Who provides a way of escape for him who knows his need, and, by watching unto prayer, takes heed lest he fall.
- Deception in Connection with the Supernatural Realm; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis The danger is spiritual because “Christians” are carnal.
- The Deception Peril of the Last Days of the Age; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Many shall be deceived precisely because most fail to see any danger whatsoever.
- A Deep and Clever Scheme Bible Bullet: Philippians 2:4 - Neil Girrard So why is looking out for the interests of others such a foreign concept to most Americans?
- A Deeper Look at the Gospel; Opening Spiritual Eyes - David L. Williams Without fresh revelation from God we cannot become the prepared Bride.
- A Defeated Devil - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many who claim to follow Christ hold to the idea of a defeated devil, ridiculing his schemes and devices as just the foolish floppings of a “toothless old tiger” too stupid and inept to be of any harm or threat to their eternal security in Christ. But is this an accurate portrayal?
- The Defensive Warfare of Ephesians 6; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis The importance of the defensive aspect of the warfare against the powers of darkness, and of the standing power of the believer being made immoveable.
- Degree of Ground Needed for Evil Spirit to Possess Cannot Be Defined; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis That there is sin without evil spirit possession, sin which opens the door to possession, and sin which is unmistakably the result of Satanic possession is beyond question.
- Degrees in the Results of Using the Authority of the Name; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis There are degrees in the manifestation of Christ’s authority through the believer, over the spirits of evil, according to the degree of his personal victory.
- Degrees of Deliverance and Victory; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis The believer needs to have thorough knowledge and understanding of their ways and works, and of the laws of the spirit, and how to keep in mastery of spirit in all the vicissitudes of life.
- Deliverance From Passivity; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis The believer needing deliverance from the condition of passivity, must first seek to understand what should be his normal or right condition; and then test, or examine himself in the light of it, to discern if evil spirits have been interfering.
- Demon Possession Among Christians; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis The case of a Christian lady: extracts from private letters, by an Evangelist of repute in Germany.
- Demoniacal Activity in Later Times; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis An excerpt from “Spirit Manifestations” by Sir Robert Anderson.
- Demonics - Neil Girrard Can a Christian be demonized? Can a “pastor” be demonized? The answer might surprise you.
- Demonized - Neil Girrard A look at what the Scriptures teach - and do not teach - about a believer being possessed of a demon.
- Denying the Master - Neil Girrard Based on Jude’s and Peter’s prophecies, many people expect the end time apostates to be those who simply deny Christ’s transcendency and deity – but this is a complete misunderstanding of what the apostles said.
- Description of the Speaking of Evil Spirits; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis The speaking of evil spirits may be described somewhat as follows: It is not like the vocal speaking of a human being and it resembles more the “thinking” of a person, or the speaking in oneself, when the words are not uttered through the lips.
- The Desire To Be Rich Bible Bullet: 1 Timothy 6:9 - Neil Girrard Seeking to be wealthy is still a trap that spiritually destroys lives – and many are deceived into thinking they are not trapped.
- The Desire To See - Neil Girrard Among those who have heard and obeyed God’s call to “Come out” of organized, institutional apostate churchianity, there remains a strong desire to more clearly see the ekklesia, God’s people, come together and interact in loving service to one another and to know that we are doing our part in Christ’s body.
- Despise the Word; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer The word “word” is not talking about the written word so much as what the written word proposes that our walk with Jesus should be (the surrender, self-denial).
- Destructive Divisions Bible Bullet: 2 Peter 2:1 - Neil Girrard Peter prophesied that there would be “secret destructive heresies” in the end times. Just what does that mean?
- The Detection of Visions from God or Satan; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Apart from the “visions” which are the result of disease, the detection of Divine from Satanic visions depends a great deal upon knowledge of the Word of God, and the fundamental principles of His working in His children.
- Die, Die, Die; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer The self-life in all of us must die.
- Difference Between “Temptation” and “Attacks”; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis There is also a difference between the “temptations” and “attacks” of the Tempter, as may again be seen in the life of Christ.
- A Different Jesus - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Every sect (denomination) and religious social club (“church”) has its own “Jesus.” How can this be?
- Different Kinds Of Evil Spirits; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis That there are different kinds of spirits is evident from all the instances given in the New Testament.
- Discerning Fruit Bible Bullet: Matthew 7:16 - Neil Girrard The things which proceed from people’s lives often tells us more about them than we are prepared to accept.
- Discerning Fruit; Opening Spiritual Eyes - David L. Williams A look at the foundations of the Church so we can know what to compare its fruit with.
- A Disciple; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer A born-again, baptized-with-the-Holy-Spirit Christian who gives up his right to himself is so alien to most contemporary Christians because the apostasy of the present hour has clouded and negated any knowledge, or living examples, of this type of dedication to God.
- The Discovery of the Truth of Deception; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis With the entrance of truth he discovers he was neither so advanced, nor so spiritual, nor so infallible as he had thought.
- Disobeying Truth Bible Bullet: Romans 2:5-9 - Neil Girrard Our response to the Spirit of Truth will form a large part of the judgment we will face on the last day.
- Displacing Christ; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard To get away from preconceptions as to who and what the spirit of antichrist is, it may be helpful to call him the ruler of displacing Christ.
- Distant Lands - Neil Girrard A poem inspired by a young babe in Christ already blessed with a servant’s heart but who needed to be protected from acquiring zeal without knowledge.
- The Distinct Organism of the Spirit; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis That the human spirit is a distinct organism, as separate from the soul and body, is very clearly recognized in the Scriptures.
- Distinction Between God and Divine Things; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis All that is Divine is not God Himself, just as all that is Satanic is not Satan himself, and all that is human is not the man himself.
- Distinction Between Satan and Evil Spirits; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis To many people the adversary is merely a tempter and they little dream of his power as a deceiver, hinderer, murderer, liar, accuser, and a false angel of light. Many more know still less of the hosts of spirits under his command, who are constantly besetting their path, bent upon deceiving, hindering, and prompting to sin.
- Distinction Between the Person and the Presence of God; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis The counterfeit of God in and with the believer, is the basis on which is built the whole after structure of possession through deception.
- A Division of Labor - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) In the work of God, there is a division of labor that has lain unseen for centuries, even millennia. What is it?
- Do Not Yield - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many “Christian” leaders demand blind obedience from their followers but what does the New Testament really say about obeying men?
- The Do Nothing Gospel; - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some are teaching that any work whatsoever is “self-effort” so as to be saved or a return to law as a way to earn one’s salvation. But is this so?
- 6. Do What They Need; Poverty in the Body of Christ - Neil Girrard Something which should be obvious (but often isn’t) is that vicarious giving (charity, random acts of kindness, etc.) has robbed us of our need and responsibility to give to the poor what they need.
- A Doctrine of Grace; - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Even the teaching of grace is distorted in these last days of deception and lawlessness.
- Doctrines; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer As groups and denominations, and even full gospel people, became more apostate in their Christian walk, loopholes have to be invented to give license to the sin in their apostasy.
- Doing Good; - Neil Girrard Evil is triumphing, say some, and good men must get busy. But is this really so?
- Doing the Will of God - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A study in the New Testament about the importance of doing the will of God.
- Done in Christ; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Some have taken Jesus’ last words to mean, among other things that Christ’s sacrifice was completely and ultimately finished - that there was and is absolutely nothing any human could do to add to the finished work of the cross. Is this true?
- Done With “Church” - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Another significant segment of people are again abandoning the “church” – and this group has been labeled as “dones” and “called outs.”
- Door Stops Bible Bullet: Matthew 23:13 - Neil Girrard One group’s ignorance or false practice may be God’s open door to a more excellent way but history shows that few, especially the white Europeans who came to America, have actually shown people the way into God’s kingdom.
- Double Mindedness - Neil Girrard We are all familiar with “a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways,” but just how deep does that instability go?
- Doubt of Experience – Column 1; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis The doubt of the experience or “manifestation” being of God is actually the initial penetration of truth to the mind, and hence the first step to deliverance.
- Dragon Country; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer A born-again, dedicated Christian, after going through one trial after another, found another very depressing and devastating situation entering his already-reeling life.
- The Dual Personality of Demon Possession; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis The dual personality of fully developed demon possession is generally only recognized when it takes the form of objectionable manifestations.
- The Dual Personality of Evil Spirit Possession in Christians; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis Dual-personality of possession in its fullest degree has taken place in believers through deception in their abandonment to supernatural power which they believed to be of God.
- Dual Streams of Power; War On the Saints - Jesse Penn-Lewis From such possessed believers there can proceed, at intervals, streams from the two sources of power; one from the Spirit of God in the centre, and the other from an evil spirit in the outer man.
- The Duplicity of Popularity - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The success of a “pastor” or “church” is measured almost entirely in its popularity but is this a good standard by which to judge a man or “ministry”?
I’d love to hear comments and/or questions from you! Email me!
God bless you.
Site Panel π
New Posts π
Greek Dictionary π
Top 25 Scriptures π
Top 50 Writings π
Twisted Scriptures π